• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starlink Beta

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think everything is mesh compatible , just make sure.

Comment

I haven't found anything that isnt compatible yet...

Used to have SHIT cell service in the shop, but now can generally get wifi-calling within about 300yds of the hub.

Also, laptop in the shop is damned near the most important tool I have in there now! Parts breakdowns, emailing the dealership with parts lists, YouTube and various forums for ideas on how to pull things apart or put them back together when I'm stumped.

Ayrmesh system isnt cheap, but its built stateside, works great in all conditions so far, and has agriculture as its primary focus.

Things down the road that are on the list. Wifi monitoring of temperature and flood alert on outbuildings, wifi opi bin monitoring system, wifi control on aeration fans, yard entry point surveillance, remote thermostat control in outbuildings.

Comment

I know there is so many positives that one could imagine. The only negative is once everybody has cell service then we will go to digital currency

Comment

Maybe we are 95 % digital currency now,

For wifi, lights remote operated and motion sensors, loud radio to spook those that want to borrow tools at night.

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post
            Maybe we are 95 % digital currency now,

For wifi, lights remote operated and motion sensors, loud radio to spook those that want to borrow tools at night.
            Yes you are right. The only problem for me is that I will not be able to take my money out of the bank if the interest rates goes negative with digital currency

Comment

Cash will always be king.

I would be way more nervous/cautious money invested in stock market if s tuff happens

Comment

Just ordered.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 5.38.53 AM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	770401

Comment

I'm sticking with my locally owned provider, MCSNet, as long as I can. Keep the small guys in business. Canadian owned. Maybe not the speeds promised by Starlink and others. But they'll be working ahrd to keep up with the times. it means a lot to support small, local operations.

Comment

Original service was between 4-11 Mbps...
                    Starlink is...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 4.40.25 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	770437
                    Last edited by ALBERTAFARMER4; Nov 26, 2020, 07:11.

Comment

Starlink?

Comment

With a latency of 41ms, are you satisfied with the connection so far?

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                          With a latency of 41ms, are you satisfied with the connection so far?
                          41ms is plenty for us. For gaming it may not be that great. The target goal is 12-19ms once Starlink is more mature.

Comment

Originally posted by ALBERTAFARMER4 View Post
                            41ms is plenty for us. For gaming it may not be that great. The target goal is 12-19ms once Starlink is more mature.
                            Starlink doesn’t need an invitation anymore and they are expanding their service area (more northern now). Anyone else on here running one?

Comment

Have emailed my location to them a couple times. Waiting to hear back. I'm 30 miles north of 49th parallel.

Comment

Originally posted by recapped View Post
                                Have emailed my location to them a couple times. Waiting to hear back. I'm 30 miles north of 49th parallel.
                                You should be able to order right away. I just tried with another address and it pushed me to the order page. Did you use the google plus code as your address?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...