• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starlink Beta

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes, you can do a preorder. put some money down and get in line. did mine earlier this week.

Comment

Originally posted by jwab

Who’s going to be responsible to clean up the mess out there when they’re obsolete, not much different than the mess left on earth such as abandoned wells.
      Except that an abandoned well wont come crashing through my ceiling one day!

We have some neighbours that just got on it, they say they didnt notice much of a speed increase over the cellular internet they had previously, not sure if they did an actual speed test, think more anecdotal.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
        Except that an abandoned well wont come crashing through my ceiling one day!

We have some neighbours that just got on it, they say they didnt notice much of a speed increase over the cellular internet they had previously, not sure if they did an actual speed test, think more anecdotal.
        Don't worry, the sky is not falling...
        Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	770779

Comment

Edmonton area is now eligible for starlink service.

Comment

90 mins SE of Edmonton.
            Not available till mid-late 21.
            But i could preorder. $650 + $65 shipping + $129/mo. Looks user friendly. Good bye Shaw.
            Luckily I dont need it yet.
            Godsend to those who do I'm sure.
            Not crazy about another monopoly tho.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
              90 mins SE of Edmonton.
              Not available till mid-late 21.
              But i could preorder. $650 + $65 shipping + $129/mo. Looks user friendly. Good bye Shaw.
              Luckily I dont need it yet.
              Godsend to those who do I'm sure.
              Not crazy about another monopoly tho.
              Good bye Shaw? If I could get Shaw I certainly wouldn't even be looking at satellite internet.

I had my business servers running in Calgary on 600/100 and it was rock solid.

Comment

https://youtu.be/yJN1n_1yuG8 https://youtu.be/yJN1n_1yuG8

Comment

$650 + $65 shipping + $129/mo.

Is this a good price? Seems expensive, what are other companies charging. I stream on cellular so have no reference.

Imagine if the Liberals had blown the money inside Canada on worthwhile infrastructure instead of pissing it away on UN and s-hole despots, we could have coast to coast full coverage cheap (free?) Internet and good roads.

Comment

They had a launch last Wed, March 24th, it took up 60 satellites.

This was the 4th launch this month, and 23 overall.

https://www.space.com/spacex-starlink-22-satellite-launch-webcast https://www.space.com/spacex-starlink-22-satellite-launch-webcast

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
                      $650 + $65 shipping + $129/mo.

Is this a good price? Seems expensive, what are other companies charging. I stream on cellular so have no reference.

Imagine if the Liberals had blown the money inside Canada on worthwhile infrastructure instead of pissing it away on UN and s-hole despots, we could have coast to coast full coverage cheap (free?) Internet and good roads.
                      Not really a good price but when you live in the country, there really are no other choices. Our telecom companies without any real competition or support from our government will always focus on the urban areas.

Comment

Agreed. And regarding my earlier Shaw comment. Goodbye sat tv.
                        Internet choice here strictly line of sight rebroadcast towers.
                        Luckily close to tower so works for me so far.
                        $135/mo with a gamer teenager.

Comment

Anyone on AV get starlink yet?

Comment

On waiting list but i know a few guys who are. They live farther south. Speeds consistent at 300-400. They have some 10 minute down times every now and then. Can run every device in the house kids on games movie watching etc. makes no difference. i am supposed to get service in fall $700 and 129/month is reasonable if i can get that kind of service. Pay almost a 100/month for ****all except CBC and CTV and 30 year old re run shows on Bell.
                            I pay 100 for cell service which is really good since they put up cell tower last fall. The tower is not fusion capable. I have Sask tel fusion at 90/month and average about 1-2 for speed when it does work. I cant wait to get rid of it. We watch netflix streaming on cell phone.
                            Last edited by AllisWD45; Apr 16, 2021, 06:32. Reason: Forgot to mention

Comment

We use Xplornet at the farm. It works for the shop, fast enough service. But the house and cameras are slow.

We are waiting for our call from Starlink. I think its the answer.

Xplornet says they are coming out with new stuff well see but I think they know their goose is cooked.

Comment

SF, if you go to fast.com what kind of speeds are you seeing? Do you have a data cap?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...