• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winnipeg Code Red

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazz View Post
    All the measures are just to placate the karens among us. We locked down, literally didnt leave our houses for 6-8 weeks in the spring. That didnt stop it. We washed, sanitized, social distanced. That didnt stop it.
    We put masks on everything and everyone, that didnt stop it.

And the answer is to blame people for not locking down harder. JHC 30% of the countries population is in some sort of loan arrears, deferral, default status. Lets just put the nail in our economy for good.
    Yeah see both sides jazz, I’m really not qualified to comment why I rarely do, just saying we or the govt hit us super hard bang day one, may have been correct really don’t know.

We have had 489 cases 4 deaths and currently 6 active cases.

Population 1.8 million 76% live in capital or regional cities.

Our borders airports etc all shut except essential services.

Open again in some way shape or form, except international visitors with free travel, meaning non essential.

Back to normal.

Worst affected state is getting there as well.

Comment

If the borders were closed to all international travel like Taiwan did, we’d have been able to allow our economies to carry on like Taiwan did, but not us. International airports welcoming woth open arms, then when the fly-ins get into Canada, they are free to fly around within the country. What a plan - lock down the legitimate civilians and import the problem! That’s Trudeau’s way of handling a pandemic. IMHO

Comment

With fear of starting a bitch brawl is sask population similar to ours?

And being rural guessing your covid numbers aligned to the above mentioned in south Australia

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
          With fear of starting a bitch brawl is sask population similar to ours?

And being rural guessing your covid numbers aligned to the above mentioned in south Australia
          Sask and MB both have about 1.2M people but its a huge area. That might match one of your states. Our big outbreaks are in Toronto with 5M people.

Comment

If you don’t have the first wave how can you have a second wave... if you have two small waves is there a third and fourth or is it continual waves? If you can not build herd immunity then can a vaccine be developed that will really work?

We have to move on with life... who can blame the youth for heading to bar or dancing or trying to meet a girl who is not with in their household.

Anyone who wants can isolate themselves from everyone and world if they want - go ahead it’s your choice. If that’s what you need to do to feel safe it’s your choice. Might have to quit your job; spend your retirement savings... Problem solved all those are now safe...

The rest of the population we now have to take our chances - maybe some will head to a concert; others may say nope too risky for me I am going go out for a meal instead. Or maybe some say I am keeping to max 6 people household.

Maybe some want to go to Walmart others feel better shopping locally.

Wear a mask; wear a scuba suit whatever you want who cares...

If things get worse more people may decide I am going to isolate... once again their choice.

Freedom means risk assessment and individuals choice.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
              Sweden.
              If Sweden is the alternative, or has achieved herd immunity as some of here claim, why are areas in Sweden now locking down due to rapid increase in cases according to media outlets around the world?

"But a devastating second wave has forced a dramatic rethink as infections threaten to derail any gains that were achieved by taking a now notoriously relaxed approach to the pandemic. Regions have been effectively locked down to contain a doubling of COVID-19 cases in just three weeks."
              https://www.news.com.au/world/europe/swedish-approach-to-fighting-covid19-takes-a-turn-as-cases-spike/news-story/f6a717f462db065dcb0be94dee5292b9 https://www.news.com.au/world/europe/swedish-approach-to-fighting-covid19-takes-a-turn-as-cases-spike/news-story/f6a717f462db065dcb0be94dee5292b9

"Dr Joacim Rocklov, professor of epidemiology at Umea University, told the Telegraph this new plan showed Sweden was having to switch gears.He said: "What's happened in the last couple of weeks is a movement towards a similar model to what has been used in Norway and many other countries."
              https://www.thesun.ie/news/6037914/sweden-local-lockdowns-covid-cases-rise/ https://www.thesun.ie/news/6037914/sweden-local-lockdowns-covid-cases-rise/

Why is Sweden death rate per capita the 12th highest in the world?
              "Sweden and the U.S. essentially make up a category of two: they are the only countries with high overall mortality rates that failed to rapidly reduce those numbers as the pandemic progressed"
              https://time.com/5899432/sweden-coronovirus-disaster/ https://time.com/5899432/sweden-coronovirus-disaster/

Why is a Swedish virologist saying Sweden's response to Covid failed?
              "Eight months after the start of the global pandemic, Sweden is changing its COVID-19 strategy — but virologist Dr. Lena Einhorn says it's far too little, too late."
              https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-monday-edition-1.5767947/swedish-virologist-says-her-country-s-covid-19-strategy-has-failed-but-nobody-will-admit-it-1.5767967 https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-monday-edition-1.5767947/swedish-virologist-says-her-country-s-covid-19-strategy-has-failed-but-nobody-will-admit-it-1.5767967

So is Sweden really ahead in the Covid fight? Compared to the US - maybe, to the rest of the world, well Sweden now is reluctantly following what other countries are doing with respect to social distancing and even lockdowns. The reports of Sweden success that is shared on here is more Agriville propaganda stemming from right wing alternative fact sites
              Last edited by dmlfarmer; Oct 30, 2020, 17:14.

Comment

Originally posted by RTK View Post
                If you don’t have the first wave how can you have a second wave... if you have two small waves is there a third and fourth or is it continual waves? If you can not build herd immunity then can a vaccine be developed that will really work?

We have to move on with life... who can blame the youth for heading to bar or dancing or trying to meet a girl who is not with in their household.

Anyone who wants can isolate themselves from everyone and world if they want - go ahead it’s your choice. If that’s what you need to do to feel safe it’s your choice. Might have to quit your job; spend your retirement savings... Problem solved all those are now safe...

The rest of the population we now have to take our chances - maybe some will head to a concert; others may say nope too risky for me I am going go out for a meal instead. Or maybe some say I am keeping to max 6 people household.

Maybe some want to go to Walmart others feel better shopping locally.

Wear a mask; wear a scuba suit whatever you want who cares...

If things get worse more people may decide I am going to isolate... once again their choice.

Freedom means risk assessment and individuals choice.

So based on your B.S. that's it's every bodies "individual choice", and to "move on with life"

Here's what one Manitoban's choice was and who decided to move on with life.

This information is from a PC MLA

Going for Medical treatment without disclosing exposure to a known case, resulting in an entire surgical team being isolated for 14 day.

It's plain to see you know shit about what your talking about!!!
                Last edited by foragefarmer; Oct 30, 2020, 17:38.

Comment

Just googled population density.

My state 1.62 people per sq km

Sask 1.86 not huge difference.

We are ahead in beer consumption though.......

Comment

Masks and all the regulations aren’t gonna stop this. We haven’t stopped the flu from spreading ever. Why would killing the economy stop it. It will do its thing then be done. Whether it’s 1 year or takes 3 years. The more we try and stop it the longer it will last. Politicizing it does nothing to help. People die everyday from all kinds of things and we don’t stop the world. If u are old and or sick stay home.

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
                      So is Sweden really ahead in the Covid fight?
                      (other than deaths)

Wow, another blatant leftist liar and propagandist. And I see you edited your original comment - the death count comment was too ignorant to leave,for even someone like you.

And please, enlighten us further - Reuters is a right wing alternative news site?

There are countless reports of Sweden's success, right up to today's date.

If you need further evidence of the utter stupidity of reporting case numbers, look at my own lockdown, hellhole Province of Ontario - strict controls in place and reportedly setting the highest cases ever since the damned China Flu hit us.

However, the numbers don't mean a thing without context - there are almost 10x the number of test conducted now than there were in March/April.

So of course there will be more "cases". And remember, Dr. Barbara Yaffe (Director, Communicable Disease Control & Associate Medical Officer of Health for Toronto Public Health) said this in a news conference:

“A lot of people think that testing is going to really solve the whole problem, and it isn’t. It’s one component of a response. If you test somebody today, you only know if they’re infected today. And in fact, if you’re testing in a population that doesn’t have very much COVID, you’ll get false positives almost half the time. That is, the person actually doesn’t have COVID. They have something else. They may have nothing.”

So if there are, in fact, only 50% actual positives on almost 10x the number of tests, that tells us the very good news that the pandemic is OVER.

There are also very few hospitalizations and almost no deaths, more evidence that the threat is way overblown, way out of proportion to the reality.

But by your convoluted thinking, a very low death-rate doesn't mean anything. What - you want to see people dropping over to justify your paranoia?

You got caught exposing yourself.

Yaffe credentials: https://nccid.ca/partner/barbara-yaffe/ https://nccid.ca/partner/barbara-yaffe/
                      Last edited by burnt; Oct 30, 2020, 17:55. Reason: Added link, bolded text

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
                        If Sweden is the alternative, or has achieved herd immunity as some of here claim, why are areas in Sweden now locking down due to rapid increase in cases according to media outlets around the world?

"But a devastating second wave has forced a dramatic rethink as infections threaten to derail any gains that were achieved by taking a now notoriously relaxed approach to the pandemic. Regions have been effectively locked down to contain a doubling of COVID-19 cases in just three weeks."
                        https://www.news.com.au/world/europe/swedish-approach-to-fighting-covid19-takes-a-turn-as-cases-spike/news-story/f6a717f462db065dcb0be94dee5292b9 https://www.news.com.au/world/europe/swedish-approach-to-fighting-covid19-takes-a-turn-as-cases-spike/news-story/f6a717f462db065dcb0be94dee5292b9

"Dr Joacim Rocklov, professor of epidemiology at Umea University, told the Telegraph this new plan showed Sweden was having to switch gears.He said: "What's happened in the last couple of weeks is a movement towards a similar model to what has been used in Norway and many other countries."
                        https://www.thesun.ie/news/6037914/sweden-local-lockdowns-covid-cases-rise/ https://www.thesun.ie/news/6037914/sweden-local-lockdowns-covid-cases-rise/

Why is Sweden death rate per capita the 12th highest in the world?
                        "Sweden and the U.S. essentially make up a category of two: they are the only countries with high overall mortality rates that failed to rapidly reduce those numbers as the pandemic progressed"
                        https://time.com/5899432/sweden-coronovirus-disaster/ https://time.com/5899432/sweden-coronovirus-disaster/

Why is a Swedish virologist saying Sweden's response to Covid failed?
                        "Eight months after the start of the global pandemic, Sweden is changing its COVID-19 strategy — but virologist Dr. Lena Einhorn says it's far too little, too late."
                        https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-monday-edition-1.5767947/swedish-virologist-says-her-country-s-covid-19-strategy-has-failed-but-nobody-will-admit-it-1.5767967 https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-monday-edition-1.5767947/swedish-virologist-says-her-country-s-covid-19-strategy-has-failed-but-nobody-will-admit-it-1.5767967

So is Sweden really ahead in the Covid fight? Compared to the US - maybe, to the rest of the world, well Sweden now is reluctantly following what other countries are doing with respect to social distancing and even lockdowns. The reports of Sweden success that is shared on here is more Agriville propaganda stemming from right wing alternative fact sites
                        Lots of ineresting "news" there DML Framer.

According to Wordometers my calculations put Sweden @ 273 deaths since July 15.

Scary number.

Canada has had 1276 in that time.

Maybe I didn't figure that right?

I'm just a knuckle dragging red neck so not too good with numbers.

Smart salesman type like you might point out my mistake.

Who you selling for?

Comment

Time to "fatten" the curve?

Actually it's a pretty serious risk to some people, sorry if that offended anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
                            Sweden.
                            Oh yes, "rounding the corner" just like the US. Sweden is a disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by FarmJunkie View Post
                              Masks and all the regulations aren’t gonna stop this. We haven’t stopped the flu from spreading ever. Why would killing the economy stop it. It will do its thing then be done. Whether it’s 1 year or takes 3 years. The more we try and stop it the longer it will last. Politicizing it does nothing to help. People die everyday from all kinds of things and we don’t stop the world. If u are old and or sick stay home.
                              In your simplistic world farmjunkie, who do you think should take care of the old people most at risk? Do you feel seniors home should be locked down to protect seniors and if so, would not all the care takers of those seniors as well as family that visit be forced to live in the same bubble?

What protections do you propose for the entire hospital and health care system? What happens if staff at a hospital gets sick because they, or their patients are increasingly at risk due to no social distancing? Where do you get replacement staff?

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                                I knew the numbers would spike in the lefty cities before the USA election !

Trump 2020 !

4 more years !
                                Trump and the federal govmint pay for all the covid cases irregardless of the the victims health insurance.

Most minority groups seem to have higher susceptibility to the virus.

I don't really much keep track of anything other than our local region.

I found I sleep a lot better if I don't click on all that doom and gloom that I have no way of verifying.

The old head in the sand and nothing bothers you works for me.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...