• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winnipeg Code Red

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forage Farmer...

Someone can decide to drive a car into a crowd of people... that is an ongoing risk everyday; we best lockdown the entire country.

You can not stop people from doing stupid things.

I assume the individual was screened and either lied or wasn’t aware of they were a risk to the doctors. I hope it was the latter but not naive enough to assume that was the case... I don’t know anything about the situation but do believe most people try to do the reasonable and right thing... but remember there is always one bad apple in the bunch.

So yes I will stick to my “BS” view on life - served me well this long...

Comment

Natural selection. Every other species in nature goes through this why should humans be different. Deaths are sad but a fact of life. This is nature’s way of thinning the herd. If covids get me or someone close to me it would suck but so be it. I don’t think my life is more important than the overall well being of society. Killing the economy and becoming dependent on government can’t be the answer.

Comment

Bowerpower - exactly; based on the idea of natural selection I try to make choices to avoid being unnecessarily exposed to the virus. But I have to function and get my work done...

Would I fly out to Vegas today - nope not necessary and not worth the risk.

If I had to make a parts run to the USA to get a piece of equipment running to harvest - you bet I am going....

The virus is real but life must go on... I had my youthful days, let the young have theirs.

If I had elderly parents in a home; and I deemed it a risk and I was in a position to move them to our home - I would. If I felt they were in the best place for them then they would stay where they were...

Would I knowingly expose someone to Covid if I knew I had it.... not a chance.

People have to make choices not government or these self proclaimed experts.

Comment

What is Sweden's problem? Way less masks, Kids stayed in school?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sweden vs Canada.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	770304

Comment

Meanwhile at Costco

Comment

Get busy living or get busy dying

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                With fear of starting a bitch brawl is sask population similar to ours?

And being rural guessing your covid numbers aligned to the above mentioned in south Australia
                My relatives tell me that life on the Canadian prairies would be similar to the Western Australia territory.

Comment

Lockdown or not the damage is done. It ain't ever going to be the same again. Once the covid pogey dries up you can bet there will not be a lockdown. Survival will be on everybody's mind then. How much time is there left to prep before a currency crisis is what is relevant today.

Comment

RTK

So when hospitals become over run with covid, which is on it's way this winter what happens to all other people who need elected surgery, suffer heart attacks, or has a serious farm or car accident.

Medical experts are all saying we need to get covid under control, last I heard being a farmer doesn't make you a medical expert as well, nor have I heard medical experts telling me when to seed and harvest my crop.

Comment

Well we listened to the experts and where did that get us?
                      Usually the experts are the problem, common sense always wins!

Comment

Ya those medical degrees are worth nothing, simple common sense is all that's need to be a doctor, surgeon, or nurse!

Good thing all the doctors on Agriville, have covid solved.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                          Ya those medical degrees are worth nothing, simple common sense is all that's need to be a doctor, surgeon, or nurse!

Good thing all the doctors on Agriville, have covid solved.
                          Doctors are not qualified to make policy on the economy or society. Their authority ends at the hospital door. Nobody elected them to anything.

How about you shut your farm down for a year and see how you like lock downs. I bet all you MB leftys would be whining pretty fast if it came to that. You arent the only business in the world.

Comment

ForageFarmer

Never once have I told a doctor how to do his/her job; never has a doctor told me how to seed my crop.

A doctor told me I had high blood pressure; I never argued with him about that; he wanted to prescribe medication.

I respected his medical observation; he respected my ask and let me try what I thought would fix the problem. Normal Blood pressure now...

Covid is real - it’s a virus and I will make choices I feel are reasonable to protect myself and others... I do not need self proclaimed experts or the government to tell me what to do...

What is right for me and simple for me; may not be right for someone else or easy for someone else.

Easy for me to say shut down all elementary schools... but keep high schools open. I am not effected by closing elementary school closure...

As for hospitals not performing necessary and usual surgery’s and treatments... do not have time to discuss but as a dumb farmer; if it looks like I will not have enough bin space to handle my harvest; I have yet to shut down the harvest operations... I actually develop a plan to deal with excess grain and that begins before I fill the last bin. Never once have I drained oil from two combines and ran them til they seized in order to slow the harvest pace to buy time to find a solution.

Careful when you say all doctors are panicking; funny thing I am friends with 2 farmers and one mechanic who are married to doctors.... guess what not all their wives have the same recommendations nor are all of them in panic mode...

I think most people given the facts will be proactive and make responsible choices.
                            Last edited by RTK; Oct 30, 2020, 21:36.

Comment

Stock up on your ass wipe before the masses this time Around

Comment

Take 3-4000 iu of vitamin d and some vit c daily. Go on with life. Its a plandemic dont succumb to the agenda.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...