• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We use pmhl now because you can do it online and saves you 6% on premium plus 2% holiday pay on MC
    Same as smhi except rm admin gets 6% and no MC on smhi
    But you do save some there on early land tax payment savings
    I can call either head guys in office and they are more than happy to help
    Been good
    Always back up with another co at about half
    Sure dont have the same relationship with the smaller co’s tho

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
      Wouldnt it be nice to have extra cash to put away the premium and also pay the premium. Oh, wait we farm in Canada where Trudeau and BOBOO and our farm groups are happy we are selling Canola and couldn't care if other countries are profiting to the tune of two dollars a bushel. Or like the USA where Bayer and Cargill have carbon capture programs that actually pay the producer money not a guy with an idea that a politician believes is great.

USA Cargill pays the equivalent of 67.00 an acre do the math it's fun and well that is a good check.
      All our farm groups (canola to be exact) only care about increasing gross production, because its more check off income for them to piss away. DEFUND the checkoff!

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
        We use pmhl now because you can do it online and saves you 6% on premium plus 2% holiday pay on MC
        Same as smhi except rm admin gets 6% and no MC on smhi
        But you do save some there on early land tax payment savings
        I can call either head guys in office and they are more than happy to help
        Been good
        Always back up with another co at about half
        Sure dont have the same relationship with the smaller co’s tho
        I think Sask Co-op Hail told me there is over 600 "agents" selling policies for them.
        With Co-op's subsiduary, but direct Co-op Hail, selling online it is bypassing the agents at this time.
        Thing is, they don't offer any "deductible" policies online. Insurers can only by straight coverage for now.
        I would think deductible policies will be sold to Producers online real soon, effectively eliminating the need for independent Agents.

Yes there is a premium reduction but not equivelant to the Agents commission. And yup....can be paid for with a credit card....which ever route you choose to buy your insurance....online or through an agent.

Co-op Hail probably has the most to gain by selling to Producers online, they get to keep the spread between the Producer's direct buy online discount and the Agent's commission. As long as it saves me money I don't know if I care.

Now Municipal Hail needs to fúck off with their March opt-out of your contract date or you're automatically enrolled. That will be a problem for them going forward if they don't smarten up. Who is thinking of hail insurance in March? I'm out, if I'm going to have to make a new contact every year it can be with any company of my choosing.

There was hail in one of the townships we farm in but more in the northern end, although we had a wee bit on 80 acres.....now expect the rates to go up. At least I can shop around and if Municipal is best I may opt for them. Rates don't always mean everything if you have to fight tooth and nail for a fair settlement on a claim.
        Last edited by farmaholic; Aug 13, 2020, 22:00.

Comment

Showers this morning and then chance again tonight. It's like as harvest approaches the rain will return.

Comment

I was not aware that you had to opt out of municipal hail by March, will have a few questions for our municipal administrator.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              I think Sask Co-op Hail told me there is over 600 "agents" selling policies for them.
              With Co-op's subsiduary, but direct Co-op Hail, selling online it is bypassing the agents at this time.
              Thing is, they don't offer any "deductible" policies online. Insurers can only by straight coverage for now.
              I would think deductible policies will be sold to Producers online real soon, effectively eliminating the need for independent Agents.

Yes there is a premium reduction but not equivelant to the Agents commission. And yup....can be paid for with a credit card....which ever route you choose to buy your insurance....online or through an agent.

Co-op Hail probably has the most to gain by selling to Producers online, they get to keep the spread between the Producer's direct buy online discount and the Agent's commission. As long as it saves me money I don't know if I care.

Now Municipal Hail needs to fúck off with their March opt-out of your contract date or you're automatically enrolled. That will be a problem for them going forward if they don't smarten up. Who is thinking of hail insurance in March? I'm out, if I'm going to have to make a new contact every year it can be with any company of my choosing.

There was hail in one of the townships we farm in but more in the northern end, although we had a wee bit on 80 acres.....now expect the rates to go up. At least I can shop around and if Municipal is best I may opt for them. Rates don't always mean everything if you have to fight tooth and nail for a fair settlement on a claim.
              Some very good points , after what I am seeing and talking to others we will be using someone else next year for sure now . Several guys seeing the same thing , and not just this year from this company. I would pay a few bucks more all day not to have this grief of being not just a 4-5 % off but not even half of what is there is complete b/s .
              Now this will drag on and on
              They were going to give us zero on 300 ac Blackbeans that got trashed .......
              before ..

Comment

Before ...

After ...

We lost a significant amount of flowers and branches. Lost the top 25% of the flowers and 40% of the leaf material.
                When they said zero ... then I really had to calm myself
                There is little damage to the pods , but they were barely out yet , and tiny ... I had to explain that to them lol . That and you kinda need leaves for photosynthesis to actually occur for pod and seed development.
                They are “regrouping” today ...

Comment

They were way off base in Canola as well .
                  20-30% when everything around us is at 50-65
                  Also had to explain to them that we had zero flower bast before that storm . We had no heat before that July 24 storm . The canola plants not hit by hail much I made them pull 100% proved my point . The loss of pods was strictly due to hail damage, not heat stress . We were 80-90% done flowering when the heat kicked in . I proved that as well by showing canola plants from fields that were below 10% damage .... near zero blanks .
                  I guess that is what happens when they send out people who have no idea on how a crop actually grows .

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                    Before ...

After ...

We lost a significant amount of flowers and branches. Lost the top 25% of the flowers and 40% of the leaf material.
                    When they said zero ... then I really had to calm myself
                    There is little damage to the pods , but they were barely out yet , and tiny ... I had to explain that to them lol . That and you kinda need leaves for photosynthesis to actually occur for pod and seed development.
                    They are “regrouping” today ...
                    When you get a *** idiot like that send him back to the city
                    I dont even waste time with them
                    Co-op guy last year used his “formula” to bring damage from 68 down to 16
                    I said “you can go home now”
                    He says “were not done yet”
                    I said “you are”
                    Next guy found 58%
                    They told us the canola council made formula , called canola council right in front of them who confirmed it was pure bullshit
                    I told the guys in office this year if they were using that “fu-ck the farmer formula” to not bother coming
                    But really had a fair bunch of adjusters
                    Other than waiting 3 weeks it was good
                    I asked co op office last year if there was anything in formula for farmer for combining in oct/nov ?, thawing frozen sieves with a propane torch , grain drying, short harvest days , etc, etc , etc.??? Couldnt answer
                    There really should be a farmer hail ombudsman of some sort

Comment

The government should oversee the hail adjusters. We had a bad experience once with main company, never with Canadian Hail. Always buy them after that.

Comment

Video tape them, every one does

Comment

Farm Link is adjusting the yield down and it’s because they looked at crops in July.

Dah I said it was a average crop.

Dry and hail
                          Is taking crops every day.

Hail in Iowa took crop down quite a bit. 14 million acres damaged.

They have wheat down a bit and barley less seeded with heat and early harvest yield down.

Oats still good.

Lentils still holding peas down

Canola they still think the jury is out and not sure if heat took yield.

Really any day over 28 the plants don’t pod.

Again show me a 12/10 crop I haven’t seen one yet.

Comment

Early yields in our area for wheat yes wheat and peas are lower than last year.

Comment

Sask you’ve been doing a great job posting regularly your crop report, again great job!

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post
                                Video tape them, every one does
                                Every industry has an electronic paper or video trail of every aspect of transactions except agriculture.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...