• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blows my mind that some of you guys are out combing already. Still doing first cut hay here and some grain silage has just started.

Still chopping clover and it’s running 10+ ton/acre which is a pleasant surprise.

Flipping rained on raked hay. I need to find contacts tinted green for the cows this winter since the hay is black and brown mostly this year after repeated washings.

Every bale was tough and ugly except for 80 pretty ones made on a tired old field. Most fields were cut too late to get a second cut so they’ll get grazed if fenced.

The corn has finally sprouted some legs after a few warm days. Should get a few more warm ones coming up this week to.

That’s a five foot tall panel and last year it was 9 feet already. Expectations are very low currently. Last year the cobs were very immature and this year I doubt it’ll even put any out.

At least the pasture is doing great. 🍀

Comment

There should be hail included in crop insurance as it was and not deducted from your crop claim either. Another improvement of crop insurance???

Comment

Some wheat coming off at the top of the valley north side and yep its 15.9 protein and number one and yep the yield is not even close to last year. Sask ag and food keep telling the world its a big huge crop. HEat takes grain.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
          Some wheat coming off at the top of the valley north side and yep its 15.9 protein and number one and yep the yield is not even close to last year. Sask ag and food keep telling the world its a big huge crop. HEat takes grain.
          But farmlink said biggest crop on record.

Comment

Good morning all.

We had a hail storm come through in our area on July 29 th. I had a 25 bpa pea crop ( plus/minus ) that was taken down to about 10-11 , just finished peas 2 days ago. Neighbor 1 mile west where storm didn't hit, his peas were going 25-30. Really disheartening when everyone else is getting a good yield and you are not. However I did have hail insurance so I had my ass covered. adjuster was out last Friday and had the peas adjusted at 54 %. Ok I can accept that , and I did. The durum and triticale that were seeded on either side of the peas were 14-16 % damage. This reminded me of 2002 and the eighties, when you would combine all day and get a 10-15 bu crop.

This year I had seeded peas last ,but next spring I think they will get done first. If it doesn't rain at the right time , any crop will suffer. On a better note , my triticale ,barley and durum look pretty good, at least considering we had 4 inches of rain since spring thaw. In April we had one tenth of measurable rain, last year was one and a half inches ! that makes a difference on the hay crop also , which was about one third of a good year for this area. thank god for green feed.

there isn't going to be too many bin busters in this area , too dry for too long between rains and waaayyy too much wind .

hope the rest of you guys have better luck.

Comment

Originally posted by GALAXIE500 View Post
              Good morning all

there isn't going to be too many bin busters in this area , too dry for too long between rains and waaayyy too much wind .

hope the rest of you guys have better luck.

Same here Galaxie, guys combining lentils won’t tell you the yield. With 1 and 2 tenths of rain at a time, we are lucky to get more than 5 or 10 bushel per acre.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                Same here Galaxie, guys combining lentils won’t tell you the yield. With 1 and 2 tenths of rain at a time, we are lucky to get more than 5 or 10 bushel per acre.
                I think there is a surprise in the lentils around here. Too short of rotations and more disease seems to have developed. The ripening looks rushed too. Grass green one week and then 50% yellow the next. Earlier seeded crops seemed rushed.

Comment

From what I’ve been hearing the lentil yields are massive. Yes, there are pockets with “less”‘yields but on the whole she’s a whopper.
                  I haven’t started anything yet, but don’t expect big numbers due to too much rain.
                  Maybe I will be surprised though.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
                    From what I’ve been hearing the lentil yields are massive. Yes, there are pockets with “less”‘yields but on the whole she’s a whopper.
                    Can concur from SE alberta...

Durum yields will be in the teens, but lentils turned it on. PLENTY here that are running mid to high 20s. There will be enough acres that run 30+. And theres ALOT of acres...

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                      Only complete morons would report big crops so the grain cos give Farmers less !

Some in ag are ****ed in the head !
                      100 percent agree....

Comment

Big yields long gone in the NE
                        Between excess water , massive hail events, and now drought its fu-ked around here
                        All local south country here hasnt saw a rain since early june

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                          Can concur from SE alberta...

Durum yields will be in the teens, but lentils turned it on. PLENTY here that are running mid to high 20s. There will be enough acres that run 30+. And theres ALOT of acres...
                          There was 35 and 40 bu lentils here last yr. I don't see that potential again from the road anyway. Maybe I will be surprised.

Comment

Let’s picture this harvesting spring wheat in our part of the province on August 10 yep it’s a bin breaker.

Morons always come out early as they social distance and try to adjust to suit them provincial yields no one likes true stories so headlines work better.

Yes durum has a big crop coming

Canola with the 30 plus temps and dry hahahahaha

Yea that’s big yields

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                              Big yields long gone in the NE
                              Between excess water , massive hail events, and now drought its fu-ked around here
                              All local south country here hasnt saw a rain since early june
                              Drove by NE, maybe your area, really shocked at crop/wet/weeds. Not pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                                Drove by NE, maybe your area, really shocked at crop/wet/weeds. Not pretty.
                                If you want to feel good about your crops at home drive through the Ghetto, even worse.....the Slum of the Ghetto.
                                You will never complain again. You will think, "it's not so bad that it couldn't be worse" and be eternally greatful for what you have when you see what we don't have.

I offer tours but they're not cheap!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...