• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
    It is sickening how they spin a positive.

Watch next week

Sask ag and food will say the crop is two weeks ahead of normal due to the very dry conditions. Farmers will be in the field harvesting this crop way sooner.

Ah reason is it’s bone dry and burnt to a crisp
    God, so much negativity - complain if the crop is going to be ready to harvest early, complain if it's going to be late to harvest. Your crops are not burnt to a crisp and it isn't bone dry - your pictures demonstrate that.
    I just got done cutting some first cut hay that got hailed in June. Swathed it with a 25" swather and it isn't making a row in a lot of places. Worst crop I've cut in my life but complaining won't feed the cows for the winter.

Comment

I've got some spots that aren't very pretty. We have some patches that the crop is never "good"....but one more good shot of rain would have helped the rest of the farm reach the potential created by earlier sufficient moisture.

All that being said, I think we will still have a better crop than last year, but last year's results shouldn't be hard to beat!

Comment

My god grass I don’t get you.

It’s a crop report from farmers not about individuals or are you that dense.

Yes your dry and if you would have study history you moved to a area of Manitoba that is usually on the dry side. You should of asked a Canadian they would of told you that. This is normal Canadian weather not made up shit.

I feel for you being dry we were wet you laughed at me.

I don’t do that shit.

I hope you get a rain soon

Comment

White spots on lighter land starting to show up on drive back to the lake last night. Windy days take away moisture. We have had a very windy summer. Rain is patchy one guy might get lots two miles away a trace.

I personally think we’re back to normal western canada weather July is a hot dry month

August arrives and like a magic Disney movie the weather changes to more late summer fall.

Hope frost stays away.

Comment

Yes your dry and if you would have study history you moved to a area of Manitoba that is usually on the dry side. You should of asked a Canadian they would of told you that.
            I did study it and our long term average here is 20.59" annual precipitation versus your 17.88" yet you're always too wet and I moved to a dry area?

Comment

White spots on lighter land starting to show up on drive back to the lake last night. Windy days take away moisture. We have had a very windy summer. Rain is patchy one guy might get lots two miles away a trace.

I personally think we’re back to normal western canada weather July is a hot dry month

August arrives and like a magic Disney movie the weather changes to more late summer fall.

Hope frost stays away.

What's the hold up? Perfect glyphosate "desiccating" timing!

Comment

Sure grass keep telling yourself that.

Your in Manitoba’s dry area.

Enjoy

Comment

Sure grass keep telling yourself that.

Your in Manitoba’s dry area.

Enjoy
                  My data was from Environment Canada long term records - yours is from where? the hole between your ears?

Comment

Yea your a genius.

Enjoy and I hope you get rain

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                      My data was from Environment Canada long term records - yours is from where? the hole between your ears?

Grassy you're in one of the driest areas in MB.

A lot of that moisture comes from snow and the soil you have doesn't hold water like Newdale or Oxbow loam.

Manitoba has amazing clinate and soil variety over small areas.

Look at Holland. Or Pilot Mound. Or Morden to Altona

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
                        Grassy you're in one of the driest areas in MB.
                        Yep, realize that - but still 2.71" more annual precipitation on average than where SF3 is. Environment Canada data.

Comment

Hey genius what station do you quote

Comment

Lipton for yours, Ninette for mine - is that a problem?

Comment

Where are you at in Manitoba Grassfarmer? I for some reason assumed that you wouldn't have left one of the wettest areas of the prairies to go somewhere drier? When I looked for greener pastures( so to speak), I skipped right over everything between here and Manitoba where it got wetter again, thought you had done the same.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                                Where are you at in Manitoba Grassfarmer? I for some reason assumed that you wouldn't have left one of the wettest areas of the prairies to go somewhere drier? When I looked for greener pastures( so to speak), I skipped right over everything between here and Manitoba where it got wetter again, thought you had done the same.
                                The differences are not as great as local legend would have you believe. Rocky Mountain House only records 21.4" on average in the data I'm looking at. Only really dropped about an inch a year on average moving here (Belmont, SW Manitoba). These are only averages of course - the "wet" area we were in really suffered through the 2002/3 droughts while I understand this area was hardly affected. This year is maybe somewhat of a reversal of those fortunes but we are by no means in trouble like 02/03 out west.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...