• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We live on the prairies. Weather is unpredictable.

FYI, Grassfarmer lives just northeast of us, across the valley. 25 minutes by road. I am very familiar with his area. Where his farm is located is generally an area of excellent rainfall. The grain farmers there are used to very good crops. Forage and pasture is usually excellent.

The feature of this year for the general area is variable precipitation. We farm south of Killarney and have had perfect weather. Southwest of us 6 miles they have had half our rainfall. North of us less rain. Rain lotto for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
      mb govt crop same thing, everything is wonderful. if it rains to much, thats a good thing, if its too dry, thats a good thing, if it hails, its always minor, blah, blah, blah. these guys should work for vlad putin
      Maybe you guys shouldn't complain about SK & MB govt reports. Alberta government's report would be "crops, what crops" Just was thinking today while listening to the noon hour radio show, gives the update on conditions and crop progress on you guys but not a peep about Alberta, and that's not a close to the border station.

Comment

Thanks grass but Lipton is wrong!

Keep guessing hahahaha

Comment

Well grass we both had it wrong, I thought you were further west. Elgin

Plus what weather station at Lipton I’m curious.
          Last edited by SASKFARMER3; Jul 27, 2018, 20:23.

Comment

Hay crops west of Edmonton are pathetic to put it nicely. Running 1-2 bales an acre on fairly young stands. Got a regular customer that we sell to every year and he was sure shocked when I told him the price went up 50% over last year and we’re only breaking even at that. Almost had it with growing it for sale since it is getting hazy with no wind just like last year and trying to get it dry is frustrating. We just add salt to it as a preservative for our own bales but most guys don’t want anything on it. I only need a couple hundred bales for my own since there’s three years of silage buried here which I’m very thankful for. Grain crops look to be about 2/3 of normal due to dryness. Last year they were looking the same due to flooding in the spring and baking through the summer.

Pasture isn’t looking too bad considering how dry it is. We are grazing some hayfields though since there isn’t enough grass.

All in all it’s a below average year but the family is healthy and we have plenty of cow chow so I’m not going to complain.

View out of the office window today.

The breeding heifers are happy in the hayfield we just moved them too.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
              Well grass we both had it wrong, I thought you were further west. Elgin

Plus what weather station at Lipton I’m curious.
              Well you had it wrong anyway lol.

Comment

Ah grass out by over 20 some miles but I guess that’s like a tenth of rain helps a crop. Have a great day maybe you’ll get your rain.

Comment

In the city of London, yesterday the weather forecast was for near 30 degrees all week. Too darn hot for London Eye, standing in line, sight-seeing. Just when decision was made to move to cooler climes, a rain shower pops up, now temps are in low 20’s, so guess no one can predict weather. Seems a cold front moved in - unpredicted. What can I say? They must have got trained in Canuckistan.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                    Ah grass out by over 20 some miles but I guess that’s like a tenth of rain helps a crop. Have a great day maybe you’ll get your rain.
                    Yeah, and that last 20 miles SE costs you a lot of moisture - drops off another 1.6" so your permanently wet area is now 4.3" short of our average in this dry part of Manitoba.
                    Should have quit while you were behind as usual LOL.

Comment

You must smoke dope because your so far off the map it’s not funny.

Keep posting shit if it makes you happy.

You have no clue.

Comment

Grass what weather stations are you talking about? I’m curious enlighten me?

Comment

Here you go, add it up on your phone (on second thoughts maybe use a calculator in case your phone can't count any better than it spells!)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-07-28 at 8.05.30 AM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	766586

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-07-28 at 8.07.37 AM.jpg
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	766587

Comment

Again you got me were your pulling the following information from as the weather station you talk about isn’t their. Maybe Indian head and they are creating a weather map? Nice colours in what you posted. A location would sure be nice and the web page you talk about.

Comment

Name:	B7FACA71-3FA7-4936-ABE8-04B6A9221C86.jpg
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	766588

Oh I get it you base your info on a scenario calculator.

I would guess it’s a make up of Indian head enviroment Canada station and Regina airport for rain in a area your talking about. Some 100 km away.

Comment

Name:	3FA264E0-A514-4507-AC2B-4EEF79C0AB83.jpg
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	766589

Heading north for my visit the relatives and crop tour later next Week.

Name:	83803C4B-C54A-4D40-9C53-E05FFDAA235A.jpg
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	766590

I love north sask

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...