• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
    [ATTACH]3161[/ATTACH]

Heading north for my visit the relatives and crop tour later next Week.

[ATTACH]3162[/ATTACH]

I love north sask
    Wouldnt wanna live anywhere else!

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
      Here you go, add it up on your phone (on second thoughts maybe use a calculator in case your phone can't count any better than it spells!)

[ATTACH]3158[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3159[/ATTACH]
      I just used the same site ( Eldorado Weather.com) Looks like Grassfarmer Manitoba location gets 514.8, my closest station Rocky Mountain House( I'm probably almost as far SE of there as Grassfarmer was N of there before he moved?) RMH gets 535.8mm, only 20 mm more as he stated. But, critically for growing grass, we get way more in the summer, he gets more in the winter. We get 48% more June rain on average than Ninette Manitoba. June is our monsoon month, excellent timing for growing hay and grass.

Comment

Again it’s a estimate or guess from 100 km away. Vs a on farm station. As you two know rain follows patterns some area gets more rain even were you farm always.

I know my rainfall and it’s accurate not a guess but keep posting it’s hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
          I just used the same site ( Eldorado Weather.com) Looks like Grassfarmer Manitoba location gets 514.8, my closest station Rocky Mountain House( I'm probably almost as far SE of there as Grassfarmer was N of there before he moved?) RMH gets 535.8mm, only 20 mm more as he stated. But, critically for growing grass, we get way more in the summer, he gets more in the winter. We get 48% more June rain on average than Ninette Manitoba. June is our monsoon month, excellent timing for growing hay and grass.
          It's interesting the little nuances of the weather patterns in each area. While these figures show we get more moisture over the winter we get less snow (122cm versus 163cm) Fluffier snow in your higher altitude, colder climate with less wind to pack it? I'm under no illusions that where we were was one of the very best areas on the prairies to grow grass - but there are advantages and disadvantages in every area. One thing I notice is how much earlier the grass grows here - you wouldn't believe how much grazing we have under our belts by May 25th, a time when things were just starting to kick into high gear at our former location.

Comment

Again it’s a estimate or guess from 100 km away. Vs a on farm station. As you two know rain follows patterns some area gets more rain even were you farm always.

I know my rainfall and it’s accurate not a guess but keep posting it’s hilarious
            How accurate? - I don't trust the site you use. www.internetcoffeeshopbullshit@poorme.com.

Comment

Oh you fool that was so funny I dropped my morning coffee

It spit again last night I guess I’ll add the tenth.

Maybe in Scotland it rained in whole area and a average could be done.

But the stations they are using is across the valley a very deep hole with lakes that effect the weather and rain.

Throw in the large forest area of reserve to the north and us being parkland.

All effect weather but yea your so smart you got it all figured out this graph proves it has to be true.

Comment

I love photos like this

Comment

I love photos like this

That’s a great photo. Must be the Hutts.

Comment

If it were some guys i know some of those combines would be upside down

Comment

I love photos like this

That cart looks a little small to take three combines

Comment

Which model has the hillside kits?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                          Which model has the hillside kits?
                          All aftermarket kits now I think
                          Deere, IH and Gleaner used to make their own.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	MH2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	766600

Name:	6622.jpg
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	766601

Name:	Sidehill.jpg
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	766602

Name:	CaseIHCombine#5.jpg
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	766603

Comment

Every time I see pictures like these, or read anything about the Palouse or similar areas, it makes me wonder about the theory that the world is flooded with grains. If we have to go to such extents to find enough land to grow crops on, with the associated soil degradation that goes along with farming a nearly 45 degree slope, we must be very desperate to meet demand.

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                              [ATTACH]3183[/ATTACH]
                              I wonder if the driver in the last picture would agree with SF3 that western Canada is the hardest place in the world to farm?

Comment

That's some crazy §hit

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...