• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SF3, if it makes you feel better, there are farmers out there like me that will never sit in a new machine.

Might not even be able to sit in an STS - trying to keep the 9600 going as long as I can.

Comment

The pit is the only measurement that counts. everything else is noise.

Comment

And the best way to estimate crop yields is to count it when its in the bin. Its never as much as you expect, just like the cheque you get from the terminal wen you sell it.

Comment

I had a 1850 hopper bin full of flax one year ...when I was done hauling it was only 3800 bushels...very light flax...threw my calculations out

Comment

The machine example shows how idiotic deals are Getting. Difference on three is same as just ordering a new one. Other farmers around the world rebuild combines etc and our way more hours than we do maybe a new thing to start doing in winter strip down and repair and run again costs way less than trading and new last series has all bell and whistles as new one except scale and cameras. Scale on grain cart and camera is cheap addition. If you have active cylinder your half way their.

It’s examples boys.

Cool two more days then heat and chance of rain tues

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
              Other farmers around the world rebuild combines etc and our way more hours than we do maybe a new thing to start doing in winter strip down and repair and run again costs way less than trading
              With all the fancy better than commercial farm shops that have been put up in recent years, I just assumed this is what the plan was. From what I see, most are not used like this. Most store boats or campers in the off season. Sad how few of these fancy shops are not even used to near their full potential. Seems the guys with the newest iron have the newest and fanciest shops, year still send their non warranty stuff to the commercial shop for repairs.

My point is, the thought is grand, but pretty well no one I know does it.

Lol, Jazz. I will never own a new piece of iron either, at least a major one. Although a new baler is around 60 000, so that may happen some day.

Comment

Hay crop.

Comment

Hay crop.

Ours were better than that - 4 instead of 2🤣 Hay is short-short-short so prolly lots of short stocks

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                    SF3, if it makes you feel better, there are farmers out there like me that will never sit in a new machine.

Might not even be able to sit in an STS - trying to keep the 9600 going as long as I can.
                    Apparently some spend $10K/ year to keep STS greenlited, your 9600 will never cost that!. We ran one for 12 years for about $15k total. And the STUPID engine fan drive on the 9870 cost more than 12 years of 9600 repairs in one failure. Good Luck!

Comment

All three cost through the shop 48000 warranty claims and 15000 my cost

Comment

Their is a update on sieves and screens in warranty plus axil bearings and shaft and fold down hoppers.

My cost is also fee to do them.

Comment

Ya same axle bearing in S690 as the oldest 9600, real smart! Engine fan in 9600 fool proof, so lets screw that up! 15 years of DUMB water pump design, just ignore.

Comment

Yep.

Look for down Grades in crops after sun mon tues and wed next week.

Report from sask ag and Food will be hot weather pushed crop to finish In excellent time two weeks ahead of normal. Harvest is on.

Watch and not one word how heat burnt crop.

All glossy nice nice shit.

Comment

Yep.

Look for down Grades in crops after sun mon tues and wed next week.

Report from sask ag and Food will be hot weather pushed crop to finish In excellent time two weeks ahead of normal. Harvest is on.

Watch and not one word how heat burnt crop.

All glossy nice nice shit.
                              mb govt crop same thing, everything is wonderful. if it rains to much, thats a good thing, if its too dry, thats a good thing, if it hails, its always minor, blah, blah, blah. these guys should work for vlad putin

Comment

It is sickening how they spin a positive.

Watch next week

Sask ag and food will say the crop is two weeks ahead of normal due to the very dry conditions. Farmers will be in the field harvesting this crop way sooner.

Ah reason is it’s bone dry and burnt to a crisp

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...