• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harvest

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvest

Harvest over with some dissapointing #'s. Canola averaging 30 to 35. HRS 35 to 45. From reports I have heard these are fairly typical #'s. Combination of disease and heat have brought canola yields down.
    Estimates for this years canola crop should reflect these #'s. Do others have similar results? We will need that rumoured 10 for canola to cover costs. I cannot get NH3 quotes yet, but it doesnt look good.

You actually grow canola and throw yourself at the mercy of the big multinational companies?

Why would you do that?

Do you have the marketing skills to market your canola but not wheat?

Hypocrisy at its finest.

Comment

I am sure there must be a teleconference every week with thousands of other farmers so they can vote on whether or not to sell it, how much to sell at any given time and to whom.

The collective 'mind' after all is far superior to that of any one farmers.

Comment

Why didn't you grow wheat? According to single-desk rumouring you enjoy to passalong, wheat would pay for NH3, plus the kids education fund, plus a holiday to Mexico, plus buy a cottage at the Lake.Canola, you say?

I, too, cannot believe you grow canola.

Parsley

Comment

You 3 ****in losers need to smarten up.

The man was talkin about harvest.

Comment

You maybe didn't catch it, cottton, but he's harvesting canola.

That was the point.

Maybe read it again.

Parsley

Comment

Loser?

Last I read your kids were at daycare and your wife was working (perhaps supporting your trading habits.)

Is that the your definition of a winner?

Comment

Your missing the point my dear,a thread about harvest progress.

If the situation was reversed who would be attacking?

But if the situation was reversed would there be anything to attack?

Get it?I doubt it.

But i'm sure all the bystanders who visit this site do.

Are any of you getting paid to police this site and "lay the smack down to any and all opposition"?

Comment

My kids have not spent a single day in daycare.Recheck your note pad diary on all the people you keep track of on this site.(pathetic)

Comment

I'm pretty sure i'm the best trader that posts on this site.

Unlike snappy i talk about things "before" they happen.

Comment

Must be a rainy day like Edmonton and people are crabby/itching to get harvesting. tower suggested Lee and I have some power over the site (which we don't - that is the job of the Agri-ville mayor) but we can highlight when things go a little off course. Not looking for perfection (would be boring) but at least some common courtesies.

I used the example before of the skill involved in a competitive hockey game versus the promoter who took hockey to the basics and just put two goons on the ice/let them duke it out (I don't even think there was a puck on the ice). Hopefully the skill of debate is the objective here and not trying to put someone down because they differ with your view point.

Comment

cotton, read again, but set your anger on the chair before you begin.

The title is Harvest.

Agreed?

And then you state, "Your missing the point my dear,a thread about harvest progress. "

I disagree, and agstar's statement is my reason.

He talked about progress,yes, but he also jumped into marketing dollars:

Agstar states:"We will need that rumoured 10 for canola to cover costs."

I can only presume he meant 10 was $10.00. Agreed?

Now, all of a sudden, his thread is not only about progress, but about value.

So, it becomeds fair game to debate value.

I also presume I am the "dear". Unless of course, it is your yearned name for Fransisco.

Your initial anger was illegitimate.

Parsley

Comment

and no...I do not get paid to manage/comment/enforce/violate/ignite this site.

By anyone.

Parsley

Comment

and no cotton, you are not the best via declaration: there are two people that I personally know on this site that could out-trade you in a New York minute.

Dollar for dollar, you simply could not compete.

and an addendum....just as a beautifully stunning woman does not need to remind everyone that she is beautiful, good traders don't need to re-state their ability to themselves or anyone else. It advertises lack of confidence in one's ability.

Parsley

Comment

Geez cotton, who took a dump in your corn flakes this morning?

There is nothing off limits about pointing out how ridiculous a wheat board directors arguments are. And how even the most die hard single desker can't even begin to live by their own principles. Free marketers, choicer's whatever you want to call us -can- and would do so in a heart beat given the chance.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...