• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harvest

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want to trivialize my market calls zap would you really expect me to share my thoughts with you?

Could luck with your supply/demand marketing mythology.You'll need it.

By the way calling any market 24 months out is in know way easy.

Comment

Ducked the question again I see.

I thought your self-proclaimed brilliance needed a bit of a shot, but I am actually curious about when you see this thing turning over. No chart keeps going higher forever or do you see these markets just levelling off and staying at some sort of plateau?

I'm not looking for a date and time, but eventually the bull gets tired and takes a break. When you say 24 months, do you expect that prices will remain supported for that long?

Comment

cottonpickin

You did not address my reply/defense about "market progress"

The thrust of my argument is this.., you attacked and you were out of line.

...but then you changed the subject.

....again

I expected a little more substance from you, cotton.

Is there any?

Parsley

Comment

Changing the subject

Thats funny coming from you.

What also makes this funny is wheats performance today.

Oh no,their i go changing the subject again.

Comment

What makes it a bad joke is the spread between the wheat boards prices and that of US elevators.

Darn, that changing the subject thing is catching.

Comment

I guess I also shouldn't mention not being able to deliver it when you need to, or being able to grow the most lucrative varieties, or wondering when you are going to get paid.

Hilarious, cotton, hilarious.

Comment

So the market shot higher today. That's a great call -- after the market closes. Are you going to take credit every time the wheat market rises. I'm guessing that will be about half the time over the long haul. The question remains, how long is the rally going to continue?

Comment

Since we are talking about wheat lets take a look at my personal favourite subject -in your pocket price comparisons.

As of today's close the board would give me $5.31 per bushel for hard red spring. Just a hop skip and a jump across the border in North Dakota I'd be getting $6.05 Canadian for off the combine or $6.37 Canadian if I'd be willing to store it in till December.

http://bottineaufarmers.com/index.cfm?show=11&mid=6&theLocation=1&cmid=1&layou t=1

But that's just me distorting reality again now isn't it.

It takes a real intellect to ignore it completely now doesn't it cotton?

Comment

HaHaHa!

Inches from the all time high,who'dah ever thunk.

Some people who follow this site know what i thunk.

I'll post some short/medium/long term objectives a little later tonight.

Comment

I love talking reality(its my favorite subject).

I wont name names or embaress anyone here,but a lot of guys back in the spring were bragging about forward selling into 08 at some pretty ridiculous low prices.At the time they thought they were doing the right thing,but they weren't.They thought there perception was infalable,supply and demand time myopic descion making.

Those turds(i shouldnt have called them turds,and i shouldnt have called you guys ****in losers,sorry,but sometimes swearing can help make a point)cannot walk the talk,talk walk,walk the walk,talk the talk(how does that saying go?)without taking some major marketing stumbles.

My cwb thoughts are well documented here.Does somebody want me to re-express them?

And to highlight this point of reality i'll tell you a true story.

Not so long ago the back beater in my 7720 was shot and had to be replaced.Being broke and young and dumb and full of cum i thought no problem i'll fix it myself.Well after struggling for hours on my back on the straw walkers i finally got it together but i just couldnt get it balanced.When the jd mechanic came out to have a look his eyes opened with amazment and he said"you put it in backwards and reversed-i didnt know that could be done".So after even more horrendous work i finally got the job done.

And theres perception and reality-i thought i was good enough,but i wasnt and i never will be,its not my thing.But i'll go toe to toe with anyone,anyday on economics.

Comment

cotton,

When you argue, in order for both parties to be able to glean anything useful from it, you have to be able to concede points.

Your concession record is sometimes dismal.

You have to be able to say, "yes, pars, I can see where u are coming from because inserting $10.00 canola changed the focus of the thread from harvest progress to harvest earnings".

Name-calling is a bit unpleasant, but changing the subject instead of arguing the point is exactly what you must work to NOT become.

Without reasonableness, one may as well converse with an earthworm.

Parsley

Comment

Toe to toe, on economics eh?

I seem to remember chaffmeister handing you your butt on a silver platter on more than one occasion.

Comment

Just like pars making stuff up as you go.

Maybe you would like to remind me on just what incident this was.

Comment

QUOTE:

"cottonpicken posted Aug 21, 2007 16:54
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Your missing the point my dear,a thread about harvest progress."

You can't farm/trade if you can't recall and can't read.

SO..

You are obviously changing the focus once again.

Parsley

Comment

Tell you what cotton. You know so much more than everyone else? Then why don't you start walking the walk?

Start buying the grain from us.

Lets see some prices, tonnage, dates etc.

You should be able to beat the prices offered by the grain companies by a long shot and still make a profit if you're so right all the time.

Are you willing to buy $9.00 canola for the next 5 years? 3? 2?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...