• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rodeo clowns

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dutch researchers have trained honey bees to detect Covid. Maybe they should let them loose at Costco. It was just packed today, but no Covid there, I guess the politicians must know that.
    Last edited by sumdumguy; May 7, 2021, 18:06.

Comment

Never know, people love a maverick, Blaithin. I don’t know too many people who say they love Woosies in their fear cocoons. Pas Moi anyway! Just sayin.
      Last edited by sumdumguy; May 7, 2021, 18:07.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
        We are not Americans. We do not need lessons from them.
        Don't discount the lessons to spite the source.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
          I am amazed what people are willing to give up for a virus with the same death rate as the flu, when our forefathers risked everything for freedom.

[ATTACH]7906[/ATTACH]
          Interesting you bring up forefathers and freedom. Brings to thought the question, would we win WW2 today?

During WW2 there was rationing of items (sugar, petrol, metals, vehicles come to mind). There was conscription. Yes, the dreaded "forcing me to do it" argument we hear everyday now. No doubt travel was scrutinized, especially in areas. For sure certain races were locked up.

I'm sure there were hardships we can't even imagine. I don't recall hearing about protests though. There were conscientious objectors of course. In fact, some neighbouring farms were bought by them. Shame on them by the way. But, no widespread whining and not much selfish dodging. People dug in for the chance to hopefully return to normalcy.

So, would we win WW2 today? Not if www.fakenewstomakemoney.com had it's way.

Comment

Liberal Paradise
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210418-211423_TikTok.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	771055

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
              We are not Americans. We do not need lessons from them.
              Looks like Manitoba has its own problems. Maybe focus on shaming people there. Last time I looked Winnipeg was full of liberals and dippers.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/covid19-sick-leave-benefit-manitoba-1.6017754

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                Looks like Manitoba has its own problems. Maybe focus on shaming people there. Last time I looked Winnipeg was full of liberals and dippers.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/covid19-sick-leave-benefit-manitoba-1.6017754
                We also have some crazy churchs that don't believe in helping their society only themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by jwab
                  If the old saying “God hates a coward” holds true there must be a whole lot o hatin goin on.

Blaithin, once you’ve formed an opinion about someone it’s difficult to be objective about the bigger picture.
                  I’ve never met the man.

I have been to the business before and it was not a business I was ever going to go back to. I regularly drive past it and make a point to never be in a position that I need to stop there. This was all years before any recent events. However having been to the business I’m not at all surprised with the type of person he appears to be.

And no, I do not feel that behaving as he is, is a sign of somebody fighting for civil liberties. Just as I don’t feel that the businesses operating in a more moderate manner are behaving like cowards.

(And God is not supposed to hate anyone so that saying is obviously flawed.)

Yes, I’m fairly staunch in my opinions that trying to be a vigilante is not the way to alter anything. Just as you seen fairly staunch that disregarding rules and laws is ok as long as it’s in defence of a persons rights. Perhaps you missed the tidbit of a discussion a couple of us had in the Books thread about rights. It would also be interesting to see where you draw the line for rule breaking vs defence of rights.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                    Come on Ab5 you're better than that. Grassfarmer has been gone for over a year from Agriville why throw shit his way. Besides he was big into cattle, so it gave him the right make that comment. And of coarse others can disagree.

I know you and Burnt were praising each other how great poster each of you are ( and like I said before you are), but unfortunately Grassy could out wit the two of you combine on one of his poorer days. As far as that goes the only one that comes close to him is DLM.

Grass knew what he was talking about whether you agreed with or not.

That's a poster who got chased away from Agriville. Wonder what Grass would be saying regarding Covid and the vaccine.

I've got a pretty good hunch on what side he'd be on.
                    Attributing an approximate quote to the original author is not "throwing shit his way". He made the claim, and he defended it. And as you say, as a cattle farmer himself, he has more rights than almost anyone to take that position. I can only assume that he believes that taking this approach would buy social license for the cattle industry, and that is where we disagree. As us Albertans have seen during the Notley reign or error, social license does not exist in the real world.

As for Grassfarmer knowing what he was talking about, reread our last long debate about AB power generation. It had the most bizarre ending. I talked directly with the AESO to verify that what we were reading on their own website was true, and Grassfarmer came back by claiming that he was right all along, then promptly left the site entirely. Up to that point, Grass was enjoyable to debate with. In fact I think he would just take the contrary position on many issues just to make for interesting discussion.

I would welcome him back anytime. He had a good balance of farming and politics and humour and entertainment.

And of "coarse", he would have pointed out all of the spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors in your post...

Comment

Alberta health says No new cases of covid after the rodeo..
                      Gee..outdoors are safe..

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                        Alberta health says No new cases of covid after the rodeo..
                        Gee..outdoors are safe..
                        Probably a fair few new cases of gonorrhoea though.

I wonder... the people I know who went to the rodeo are mainly in the “You’ll never know if I had covid, I won’t go get tested” crowd. It could be there and they just aren’t testing. It would need to be a super spreader event (which is very unlikely) to know if it caused any transmission.

Also, it would go against the point of the rally if someone caught it there and admitted it. Not saying the rodeo goers are all the sharpest knives in the drawer but any with Covid could just say they didn’t go and have no clue where they got it from. How much effort is AHS going to put in tracking the people down who were there.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                          Probably a fair few new cases of gonorrhoea though.

I wonder... the people I know who went to the rodeo are mainly in the “You’ll never know if I had covid, I won’t go get tested” crowd. It could be there and they just aren’t testing. It would need to be a super spreader event (which is very unlikely) to know if it caused any transmission.

Also, it would go against the point of the rally if someone caught it there and admitted it. Not saying the rodeo goers are all the sharpest knives in the drawer but any with Covid could just say they didn’t go and have no clue where they got it from. How much effort is AHS going to put in tracking the people down who were there.
                          I didn't think you would be into conspiracy theories?

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
                            I didn't think you would be into conspiracy theories?
                            I’m not.

As far as conspiracy theories go, those ones wouldn’t be much of a stretch. Those are my people so to speak, that’s how they think.

Did you know rodeo contestants were told not to tell anyone they were competing in that rodeo?

I haven’t seen a close friend who went to the rodeo since she was there, but after hearing contestants were told to keep it on the DL, it’s not a stretch in my mind to think that when buying tickets or entering, people were told not to say they’d been there if sick.

Just going on current ratios of infection here, statistically someone at that rodeo was sick or got sick very soon after. Even if the rodeo was not the place of transmission it would be to close to confirm. Unless someone just never said they’d been there.

It’s kind of like the stats of no cold or flu infections all of a sudden. 0 is not a realistic number. 0 is a suspicious number. 0 is most likely not a true number. That doesn’t mean numbers are high, just not 0.

Comment

Kinda sounds like a conspiracy, every one hiding the rona.

Comment

Little agriculture for those that just follow the experts and put the fungicide on in a drought because the salesman says so

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...