• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marketing cars

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Austranada View Post
    Here's the scenario. Your friend is having what seems to be a heart attack. You have no phone and don't know CPR or first aid and there is no one else around.
    You are 40 miles away from the nearest hospital.
    You have access to two cars.
    One is a Honda civic, almost new, runs on the smell of an oil rag but only has 1 litre of gas (contains 8.9 kwh of energy) in it.
    The other is a Tesla model 3 also almost new but only has 8.9 kwh of charge.
    Which car do you take to the hospital and why?
    How would you educate your customer if you sold cars?
    I haven’t read everyone’s post but here is what I would do. Living on the farm the answer is simple. In less than 2 minutes I could put in enough gas to go the 40 miles(64 km) and then some. Charging the Tesla for 2 minutes in a typical level 2 charger would make little difference. Therefore I would take the Honda Civic!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Austranada View Post

Oh dear furrow. I was merely pointing out that you're confused between hyperthermia and hypothermia. I'm pretty sure you meant hypothermia. Regardless it's not like you have to stand outside in the cold while your ev charges. Sit in the car with the heater on. Can't do that at a filling station with gas.
      Don't blame me for questioning your arguments and call me an ass when you lose credibility like forage with bad grammar.
      In your post you should have written " conditions our winter "
      not "are".
      When the average person goes to work in the morning and his EV has been charging all night how much of that electricity used during the night will have been provided by solar generation?! And what happens if you live in Chucks world where your EV has been providing stored energy into the “smart grid” over night and when you go to work the battery doesn’t have enough charge to get you there?! Sometimes progressives make me feel like the guy in the prison shower who bent over to grab the soap!

Comment

I think the answer that Austranada and Chuck2 would prefer is "Let your friend die. We have too many people in the world anyway."

Can't believe how many greenies use that as part of their mantra.

Comment

Statistics Canada reports that the average commuting distance for 93 per cent of car commuters is just 8 km each way ([url]https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/daily-quotidien/190225/dq190225a-eng.htm[/url]). Even those few drivers with longer commutes travel an average distance of 40 km each way, which is still easily handled by most EVs.

Comment

Call an ambulance. They will start treatment and use a defibrillator if your heart stops on the way. If the ambulance is delayed or a long way away you can meet it on road.

I know several people who have died in their 60s from heart attacks and there was no time to drive them anywhere.

Don't smoke at all or drink much, eat right, exercise, get annual checkups and your risk of heart disease and stroke will go away down. Then you wont likely need a rushed trip to the ER.

Comment

Well, I will admit, in a weak moment, I did something I shouldn't have.
              In my defence, there was probably something said in a post that didn't sit right with me- I try to not let the keyboard get the better of me, but it did.
              Also, I will point out, you have actually replied to two of my posts -but haven't answered my question.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post

I haven’t read everyone’s post but here is what I would do. Living on the farm the answer is simple. In less than 2 minutes I could put in enough gas to go the 40 miles(64 km) and then some. Charging the Tesla for 2 minutes in a typical level 2 charger would make little difference. Therefore I would take the Honda Civic!!!
                I would do the same but what would you do if you were in the middle of nowhere like I assumed you might deduce. I should have spelled that out perhaps.
                In your scenario wouldn't it be wiser to use the landline at your house, call 911 for advice, learn cpr on the spot while the ambulance drives there?

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                  Call an ambulance. They will start treatment and use a defibrillator if your heart stops on the way. If the ambulance is delayed or a long way away you can meet it on road.

I know several people who have died in their 60s from heart attacks and there was no time to drive them anywhere.

Don't smoke at all or drink much, eat right, exercise, get annual checkups and your risk of heart disease and stroke will go away down. Then you wont likely need a rushed trip to the ER.
                  Chuck, you have no phone!!!!

Comment

Statistics Canada reports that the average commuting distance for 93 per cent of car commuters is just 8 km each way ([url]https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/daily-quotidien/190225/dq190225a-eng.htm[/url]). Even those few drivers with longer commutes travel an average distance of 40 km each way, which is still easily handled by most EVs.
                    Then why do proponents of EV’s state the government must install thousands of public chargers for EV’s?!

Comment

I don’t even know why I’m reading this post, adios.

Comment

Originally posted by recapped View Post
                        The Tesla, as it has 7.12 KWH usable energy, while the Honda has 1.58 usable energy.
                        Brilliant answer, worth bumping the thread back up to the top.

Comment

Does Tesla or Honda have road side assistance, drop a pin technology?.
                          This is a good time for me to advocate CPR education in high school and certification every 5 years in order to validate your drivers license.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post

Then why do proponents of EV’s state the government must install thousands of public chargers for EV’s?!
                            Because some people can't charge at home, or make a road trip beyond the range of their EV and because EVs are going to replace ICE cars. More EVs require more chargers.

Comment

I think I'm beginning to catch on to what these 2 are asking us to do. We need to have a vehicle for each Individual trip we go on. So today I need my big old suburban because there are 12 of us going out for supper. Tomorrow is a mountain trail ride, so that is the can am side by side, when I get home, diesel truck on trailer to pull a load of steel home for a project and then a road trip to visit relatives. Long distance trip, so if it is warm, could use the tesla but if it's cold, won't chance it, will take the dependable old Mercedes that gets 35 miles to the gallon for the 15000 miles it is driving en per year. As a critical thinker, you seem to have missed this cc

Comment

Because some people can't charge at home, or make a road trip beyond the range of their EV and because EVs are going to replace ICE cars. More EVs require more chargers.
                                So forced to buy an EV , but can’t afford to have a charging station at home , so the tax payers will have to flip the bill ?
                                Government never set up gas stations …..
                                regardless , for the foreseeable future there will no way be enough power in our grid system to have all EV’s . Add the magical heat pumps instead of reliable affordable natural gas furnaces .
                                I see electricity prices going up to where Germany is now .
                                then see how cheap it is to drive and EV , especially in winter

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...