• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marketing cars

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marketing cars

Here's the scenario. Your friend is having what seems to be a heart attack. You have no phone and don't know CPR or first aid and there is no one else around.
    You are 40 miles away from the nearest hospital.
    You have access to two cars.
    One is a Honda civic, almost new, runs on the smell of an oil rag but only has 1 litre of gas (contains 8.9 kwh of energy) in it.
    The other is a Tesla model 3 also almost new but only has 8.9 kwh of charge.
    Which car do you take to the hospital and why?
    How would you educate your customer if you sold cars?
    Last edited by Guest; Jan 6, 2024, 03:11.

Is it 25c in summer or -25c outside in winter ?

Comment

Who is the dumb dumb that only left 1liter of gas is the car? That is the education that has to happen.

Comment

Yes Flea Beetle, keep the car fueled up. Once in 1986, our son ruptured his spleen. Luckily mom had that Diesel Audi fueled up at the house. She was a close one but we made the General Hospital door, with only one shoe on. Saved by an Fossil Fuel Audi.
        Last edited by sumdumguy; Jan 6, 2024, 09:35.

Comment

The Tesla, as it has 7.12 KWH usable energy, while the Honda has 1.58 usable energy.

Comment

After I am done posting, my post gets a series of question marks tacked on. Does this happen to you?

Comment

Since you stated the Honda is newer, wouldn't the fuel indicator not state how many more miles you could drive with the remaining fuel in the tank?

Don't know much about a Tesla but I'm sure it would have an electric feature indicating how many more miles you could drive on the remaining charge.

So I guess your thinking the education would have to be having to teach someone on how to read.

If you can't read can you get a drivers license in OZ land?

Comment

I would grab the Gerry can out of the shed and put 20 liters in and go. Have seen too many videos where the EV over estimates how far it can go at the start and quickly dials it back a few miles in. Especially when it is cold like furrow said.

At 5.08 miles per kWh that is an estimated range of 45.212 miles= you likely aren’t making it since there is probably only 20-25 miles of actual charge left in the car.

Comment

Since this thread will likely get booted to chuck's daycare anyways, I'll ask a related question.
                  How young is your friend who is having the heart attack, and was he vaccinated?
                  Also, why confuse the question by mixing metric and imperial units of measure?

Comment

Originally posted by Austranada View Post
                    Here's the scenario. Your friend is having what seems to be a heart attack. You have no phone and don't know CPR or first aid and there is no one else around.
                    You are 40 miles away from the nearest hospital.
                    a Tesla model 3 also almost new but only has 8.9 kwh of charge.
                    Don't really see what an ICE auto has to do with the problem?

This is a more realistic scenario. Might happen to anyone after 2030.

Comment

The STARS ambulance is what is required if you have ticker problems according to my pharmacist who had to be rushed to Winnipeg. He would not be here today he said to me. Jet fuel wins again.

Comment

Stars is a rural lifesaver , its mind boggling how many times they have come to our out of the way area!!!

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                          Is it 25c in summer or -25c outside in winter ?
                          For you we'll split the difference
                          It's 0 degs c

Comment

Tesla won't make it at 0.
                            Your sitting on the side of the road waiting for a tow truck.
                            Last edited by shtferbrains; Jan 6, 2024, 17:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
                              The STARS ambulance is what is required if you have ticker problems according to my pharmacist who had to be rushed to Winnipeg. He would not be here today he said to me. Jet fuel wins again.
                              We live directly under the fly route for stars between saskatoon and Regina. The amount of times that heli goes overhead is shocking.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...