• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas election?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cowman, to my knowledge I haven't said anything about contempt for Harper. What I have said is that I haven't found a connection with him - at least to this point anyway. Trust me, I don't confuse Reform with the Conservatives. When it comes to our own MP I don't feel he has represented my interests and I seem to recall other people's comments about him that weren't too flattering.

As far as knowing who I'm going to vote for - I can't say that I know at this point in time. I'm not going to make up my mind before I've heard what I need to in order to make an informed choice. You're also right when you say we vote as individuals.

It is sad that people know how Alberta is going to vote - both provincially and federally. I once heard a fellow say many years ago - you could put a conservative sign on a chair and people would still vote conservative.

My biggest hope for any election campaign is that we move from the negative campaigning and get to the point where candidates talk about what they are going to do differently and how they plan on doing it. No rhetoric, no negativism, just plain old honest truth. Am I hoping for too much?

Comment

I wander where the Alberta citizens vote would go if we had a "Bloc Albertois" federal party? We vote conservative because non of the other parties have done anything real for Alberta. They do not even try to get our votes. If Canada is to stay united,our methods of electing federal representatives must change. It makes me feel really lied to when a Prime Minister says that he was elected by the people-Crap-he was elected by his party.

Comment

In the federal arena the Conservatives are about the closest thing available to what represents my interests? In reality we have three parties to vote for, plus the protest party, the Greens?
        The Liberal Party. What do they represent? Well they represent whatever it takes to stay in power! They represent the power elite in this country and they cater to every special interest group around? They promote immigration of every Tom, Dick and Harry...as long as they will vote for them! They are a proven den of thieves who really deserve to be punished for their thievery?
        The NDP party: Tax and spend. Support every goofy idea out there? Ruin business and create a utopia for the educated elite! A real road to disaster?
        The Conservatives: Hopefully they will show some fiscal restraint and try to shrink government? No members from Quebec...which eliminates two thirds of the crooks? Good for business? Good for families?
        The fact is in Alberta(other than maybe Redmonton) the Conservatives are going to sweep? Maybe not because we are sheep who vote the Conservative ticket everytime, but because they best represent what we believe in? Remember before they formed the new Conservative party we voted Alliance/Reform pretty solid?
        It would be very interesting if we had an "Albertois" type party? I suspect if Martin gets his majority we will see such a party...a very serious party ready to lead us out of here?

Comment

How many elections have we had over the last 30 years? They all turn negative. Is it coincidence that the Liberals have been in power for the majority of those years??

There is no willingness in the Liberal party to discuss policy or new ideas. They can only call down the other parties and tell lies to stay in power. How did they kick the tories out last time? They said they would get rid of the GST, the helicopters, and NAFTA. What happened?

The media just laps it up. Tell them that the Conservatives are going to destroy health care or make abortion illegal and they salivate like dogs and report that as policy instead of digging into the truth. The last election was a perfect example of nobody looking at policy, only Liberal spin.

Comment

I agree with f-s on this and no I am not liberal I dont see how anyone could tell them apart . We vote conserative and the east votes liberal if the tables were turned we would vote liberal and the east would vote conserative and we would still be in the same boat.
            As for conserivatism if this province is an example of good govmt then I will vote green they will make better use of the 1.75$ per vote.
            The feds give to thier friends that keep them in power and the provincial govmt does the same thing, the conservitaves have always been an old boys club and by the sounds of this thread it always will be.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...