• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Residential School Excavation

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So in simple terms, no Auschwitz style genocide has been discovered.

And the PM came and prayed for some tree roots and rocks for his photo op.

There wont be too many more ground radar scans happening anytime soon I bet. Definitely no excavations will be risked. Narrative threatened.

Comment

By your logic CC used with drag queens of a crime being OK if another criminal does something worse
      ,compare this to canada , in one location in Ireland the nuns dumped the dead kids bodies in a disused septic tank , at least in canada they were burried
      Terrible Terrible things have happened and any of the wicked evil people that were involved and still alive shud pay for their crimes

Comment

Actually, the really surprising outcome would be if no children's graves were found.
        Residential schools go back to an era where 1/3 of all children died before the age of 5. I didn't find the stats for older age groups, but it was also depressing.

A tour of any local graveyards is a somber experience when you realize how many were young children back in the pioneer era.

Why anyone would expect residential schools to be any different is a mystery.

I don't understand the agenda here. Is the implication that an unmarked grave is proof of a murder?

And if unmarked graves are found, how does this revelation improve the lives of first nations on a reserve today? Will this information reverse their FASD? Bring a second parent into their lives? Eliminate the corruption in the band council? Cure the addictions? Destroy the vicious circle of the victimhood mentality? Solve the crime epidemic?

Comment

Good discussion points from a darker time. The discussion for CC of course falls victim to his extreme black and white logic process.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
            Some of the same people who are convinced that the unmarked graves don't contain residential school victims are also some of the the same people who think residential schools were good for first nations children and nothing bad happened.

Its part of residential school denialism and the view that we are not responsible for what happened and what continues to happen to first nations.
            Yes but your Segway to derail this thread as well as many others is tiresome.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
              Yes but your Segway to derail this thread as well as many others is tiresome.
              Segue.
              If Chuck were driving a Segway to the NFU and NDP conferences, we could quit picking on him about not having an electric vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by cropgrower View Post
                By your logic CC used with drag queens of a crime being OK if another criminal does something worse
                ,compare this to canada , in one location in Ireland the nuns dumped the dead kids bodies in a disused septic tank , at least in canada they were burried
                Terrible Terrible things have happened and any of the wicked evil people that were involved and still alive shud pay for their crimes
                Same thing happened in Canada at a home for unwed mothers. Babies with problems were put in butter boxes and indescretely buried. Old boy who had a sewer truck told of sucking the sewer at a local convent/mission and finding dead babies. Seems a recurring theme of the lords servants being not so holy.

Comment

i guess if it was not indigenious kids nobody cares , it does not fit the narative

Comment

Some of the same people who are convinced that the unmarked graves don't contain residential school victims are also some of the the same people who think residential schools were good for first nations children and nothing bad happened.

Its part of residential school denialism and the view that we are not responsible for what happened and what continues to happen to first nations.
                    I don’t know how old you are Chuck but you’re saying that prior to turning 9, I was responsible for what happened to other children? Perhaps it’s also my fault that the 80s and 90s were an AIDS epidemic.

People are responsible for how we act going forward. For how we treat First Nations now and in the future. We are not responsible for the past, unless you feel we could successfully be brought up on charges in the court system. (Doubtful on my part considering my age at the time).

Apologies have been given, and I would say they’re predominantly hollow and meaningless. Much like land acknowledgements, apologies are empty gestures completed by people like you who are using it to virtue signal your apparent superiority over the rest of us.

The idea that we are all responsible for each other is BS. A local farmers daughter just committed suicide this week. Based on your logic Chuck, you’re responsible for that because we should be doing more for mental health. Yet I doubt you even knew she existed. How neglectful and cruel of you.

Comment

😞😞😞😞😞

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                        I don’t know how old you are Chuck but you’re saying that prior to turning 9, I was responsible for what happened to other children? Perhaps it’s also my fault that the 80s and 90s were an AIDS epidemic.

People are responsible for how we act going forward. For how we treat First Nations now and in the future. We are not responsible for the past, unless you feel we could successfully be brought up on charges in the court system. (Doubtful on my part considering my age at the time).

Apologies have been given, and I would say they’re predominantly hollow and meaningless. Much like land acknowledgements, apologies are empty gestures completed by people like you who are using it to virtue signal your apparent superiority over the rest of us.

The idea that we are all responsible for each other is BS. A local farmers daughter just committed suicide this week. Based on your logic Chuck, you’re responsible for that because we should be doing more for mental health. Yet I doubt you even knew she existed. How neglectful and cruel of you.
                        I never said anybody on this site was directly responsible for the decisions since colonization.

It's a collective and societal ongoing shared responsibility. However some of the abusers are still alive and are directly responsible.

The Indian Act, lower living standards, racism,discrimination, and resulting social problems on and with first Nations are still present.

If you are ignoring the truth and history of what happened or downplaying or dismissing the impact of colonization and the residential schools, then you are still part of the problem.

Of course there are many unmarked graves from disease and some from neglect and abuse. But why were so many children buried in unmarked graves instead of being returned to their families? They often didn't even know they died.

The stories of abuse, neglect and cultural genocide were well documented in The Truth and Reconciliation Commission.

Steven Harper apologized for residential schools in the House of commons.

Comment

No one here has said it didn't happen. The more I read your posts, the sicker you get in my opinion.
                          Last edited by blackpowder; Aug 22, 2023, 07:49.

Comment

It’s part of residential school denialism and the view that we are not responsible for what happened and what continues to happen to first nations.
                            What’s that mean?

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                              No one here has said it didn't happen. The more I read your posts, the sicker you get in my opinion.
                              He is one sick puppy trying to project the sins of others onto people who had nothing to do with it. He especially wants settler families linked up by the thinnest reasoning possible, because he dreams of reparations for this and all sorts of stuff. Like somehow an illiterate and shell shocked group of people dumped among the rocks and cactuses were culpable for govt policy. Same Marxist guilt tactic.

Until the natives start bring up mass bodies from these supposed unmarked graves, its just conjecture and a bad narrative that has fallen apart. So genocide is ruled out. These schools werent set up to extinguish natives like chuck told us.

So the next logical avenue is bad policy which turned to neglect and thats solely on the govt of the day.
                              Last edited by jazz; Aug 22, 2023, 07:59.

Comment

They were set up to remove the culture which fits as cultural genocide.

The goal wasn’t to exterminate the Natives, the goal was to make them Christians and stop them from fighting the Europeans.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...