• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Trans Mountain pipeline expansion is a disaster for everyone but Alberta

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
    Is Danny going to halt approvals for more oil development untill they figure out who is going to pay for cleaning up all the oil wells and the tar sands and where the new facilities should be located? Hell no! LOL

And I didn't say there shouldn't be a plan for end of life renewable energy sites and materials or that locations should be carefully chosen.

But why make the rules for new renewable energy sites more stringent when you continue to have weak or almost non existent rules for the oil industry? She wants taxpayers to pay for the small percentage that will be cleaned up.

In the province that claims to be open for business, she wants to add more red tape and interfere in the affairs of private landowners and energy companies? LOL

More Alberta politics with the usual conservative double standard.
    All NEW wells for quite some rime have to pay in advance for cleanup ??
    Surely to *** you know this ???

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
      Please explain . They may put up a nominal amount but no one knows the final cost of cleanup until its complete. There will be an enormous amount left to tax payers .

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
        He does but conveniently leaves out that fact to make his argument look better. All you can do is point out the facts to cut through the rhetoric. Had a conversation with an elderly neighbour the other day whom is a hardcore ndp and all the power to him but his reasons for his position do not hold much water but I like him and he’s been great to me over the years so I turn a blind eye to keep friendly. When you go online that necessity to not cause a fist fight leaves and the true reptilian brain comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Retired View Post
          Please explain . They may put up a nominal amount but no one knows the final cost of cleanup until its complete. There will be an enormous amount left to tax payers .
          I don’t think so
          A small percentage will be orphans
          All anti up before drilling now and for a few years prior
          Last edited by Guest; Aug 6, 2023, 20:14.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...