• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rechargeable Batteries

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
    Anyone else have an iPhone that get hot? Wondering about mine.
    Yup several times

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
      Anyone else have an iPhone that get hot? Wondering about mine.
      So consider how many battery issues failures and fires you are aware of in phones and cordless tools, then consider that there are thousands of times more somewhat similar battery cells in an electric vehicle. Each of which has a similar probability of having fires or failing.
      That multiply that again to power a tractor or highway truck etc.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
        So consider how many battery issues failures and fires you are aware of in phones and cordless tools, then consider that there are thousands of times more somewhat similar battery cells in an electric vehicle. Each of which has a similar probability of having fires or failing.
        Imagine a $1000000 tractor spontaneously combusting because of shitty batteries. The solid state battery is great but looks to be 10 years away like hydrogen fuel cells and cold fusion.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
          Talking about someone who is overheating and short circuited… VP Kamala Harris had a mental meltdown Friday…. Or, Not when she said….!!!

Was this a mistake or…???!!!

The White House apparently corrected her statement in a transcript after…

Strange what is actually is some peoples minds when they dwell on their true feelings… long enough…

Blessings and Prayers

Comment

Lying evil WITCH! of course she meant it, thinking it all along....TOO many peasants.

WEF...reduce us by 75%, such nice guys.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
              Imagine a $1000000 tractor spontaneously combusting because of shitty batteries. The solid state battery is great but looks to be 10 years away like hydrogen fuel cells and cold fusion.
              So there is no fire risk in gasoline and diesel vehicles? 100 litres of gasoline ignites in a crash or an electrical fire never happens in ICE vehicles? LOL

Hydrogen fuel cell vehicles are already here with Toyotas Mirai and in some city buses.

Supply and infrastructure for hydrogen is limited but the technology is already available.

Comment

I wonder what the true numbers are behind making rechargeable batteries

The truth coming out on solar panels…
                https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/solar-panels-are-three-times-more-carbon-intensive-ipcc-claims

Comment

Thirteen billion just to coax someone to start. For starters.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                    So there is no fire risk in gasoline and diesel vehicles? 100 litres of gasoline ignites in a crash or an electrical fire never happens in ICE vehicles? LOL

Hydrogen fuel cell vehicles are already here with Toyotas Mirai and in some city buses.

Supply and infrastructure for hydrogen is limited but the technology is already available.
                    Unless you’re driving a ford pinto explosions from vehicle crashes are quite rare. Fire departments have had to take further training to handle an electric car fire as the heat intensity from a lithium battery fire can make it almost impossible to put out. The best course is to let the battery burn and keep the surroundings safe. Case where and this is not solely related to ev fires but also some large scale industrial plant chemical fires. You can spray fire retardant foam and think you have the fire out and even after waiting what is thought to be an appropriate time before reapproaching find that it reignites under the foam when oxygen gets at it. It’s like a manure fire or muskeg fire which can smoulder indefinitely and relight.

Hydrogen is probably one of the best means of storing excess renewable electricity, and is best suited for stationary purposes. Energy density of hydrogen does not lend itself particularly well to motive transportation of anything at this particular time. Not saying blending it with lng or even in ice engines with other fuels holds some promise but it is not practical yet.

I’ve said this before I am not against any of this stuff. However if it isn’t practical quite yet and if it causes undue pain and suffering cause it isn’t there yet I have a problem. Some of the boosters for a complete transition away from fossil fuels reminded me of the stoners who pushed for legalizing weed because of the uses for hemp to replace every building material. Definitely some merit but highly improbable and impractical as is evidenced by the folks repeatedly stiffed by hemp processors.

Comment

So there is no fire risk in gasoline and diesel vehicles? 100 litres of gasoline ignites in a crash or an electrical fire never happens in ICE vehicles? .
                      Have you ever seen gasoline or diesel spontaneously combust with no ignition source?
                      Electric vehicle batteries have the distinction of having the unique ability to spontaneously combust. The ignition source and the fuel are all self-contained in one tidy package.

And another battery fire, this time at a solar farm
                      ,https://www.cbsnews.com/news/solar-f...ferson-county/

Comment

How many garages and shops have burned from power tool battery chargers? My neighbour had it happen.

Comment

Welding, grinding and charging conventional equipment batteries cause far more shop fires.

I can think of numerous examples in my own area and I have yet to hear of one caused by tool batteries. But I am sure that can happen.

So put your rechargeable battery charging sites in an area of the shop that will prevent the spread to the rest of the shop.

And buy a smart charger for indoor charging of equipment and vehicles. Noco makes some good ones. An ounce of prevention....

Comment

Welding, grinding and charging conventional equipment batteries cause far more shop fires.

I can think of numerous examples in my own area and I have yet to hear of one caused by tool batteries. But I am sure that can happen.

So put your rechargeable battery charging sites in an area of the shop that will prevent the spread to the rest of the shop.

And buy a smart charger for indoor charging of equipment and vehicles. Noco makes some good ones. An ounce of prevention....
                            Balance… practical common sense… is definitely missing…

Edmonton’s electric buses are a sad bad joke.

They send them out in the morning… at 6am… by 9am they are out of power… in the summer. In the winter… by 7:30-8am they are exhausted.

They can’t afford to change the bus batteries during the day… so the batteries are charged the next night when the electrical rates drop down to reasonable cost after 10pm.

And of course… ETS… must have another set of diesel busses… to replace the discharged EV busses After 2-3 hours of service each day.

What a frightening misuse of taxpayers resources…. Besides all the total mis-allocations of precious metals, energy, and virtually doubling the energy consumption to do the same job.

Until low cost nuclear electrical generation is feasible… cold climate transportation is most efficiently provided with carbon based transportation fuels.

Had we set up solar panels… the hail storm damage would have destroyed them… then what Chuck???!!!

These C02 fetishizes are suicidal and unbelievably beyond any sense of common decency…. Simply evil and deception.

Blessings and Prayers

Comment

Bullshit! Deny all you want but I personally know someone whose shop burned down from a rechargeable battery. The insurance adjuster said so. So you’re smarter than sgi now? What a dough head.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
                                Edmonton’s electric buses are a sad bad joke.

They send them out in the morning… at 6am… by 9am they are out of power… in the summer. In the winter… by 7:30-8am they are exhausted.

They can’t afford to change the bus batteries during the day… so the batteries are charged the next night when the electrical rates drop down to reasonable cost after 10pm.

And of course… ETS… must have another set of diesel busses… to replace the discharged EV busses After 2-3 hours of service each day.

What a frightening misuse of taxpayers resources…. Besides all the total mis-allocations of precious metals, energy, and virtually doubling the energy consumption to do the same job.
                                There needs to be a way to hold politicians accountable for the boondoggles they create
                                They are clearly not qualified to make decisions about anything economic or technical, so they inevitably tend to make the worst possible decisions, most likely the decisions which put the most money into their or their friends and donors pockets. The taxpayers pay for it, but the taxpayers have no recourse. And even if the politicians get voted out, there are no financial disincentives for the massive waste of taxpayer dollars on schemes such as this.
                                It isn't a surprise that the electric buses don't work in edmonton. This was predicted, they were warned.
                                And they did it anyways.
                                Meanwhile, the useful idiots such as those on here, will keep lecturing the people in the know that we need to leave the science to the experts, because a consensus of politicians all agreed that electric buses are the best solution to a climate crisis which only exists in their overactive imaginations. No amount of real world results and evidence could ever change their minds.
                                Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Jul 30, 2023, 14:39.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...