• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rechargeable Batteries

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rechargeable Batteries

So… Rhyobi batteries decide not to take a charge. I go to Home Depot Saskatoon looking for a new charger, find out they are out of stock but I can get many kits with small battery and charger included for decent price. Get new charger home, plug in battery and nope, no charge, so battery pooched. I Google You Tube to fix the battery, think I’ll save the fix for some cold winter day.

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
    So… Rhyobi batteries decide not to take a charge. I go to Home Depot Saskatoon looking for a new charger, find out they are out of stock but I can get many kits with small battery and charger included for decent price. Get new charger home, plug in battery and nope, no charge, so battery pooched. I Google You Tube to fix the battery, think I’ll save the fix for some cold winter day.
    I've had the same experience with batteries and chargers with disposable cordless tools of all types and brands.
    So now we are extending this disposable model to cars, and potentially all other engine driven machines.
    Saving the environment one disposable tool/car at a time.

Comment

I had a Milwaukee battery too low for charger to recognize. Jump from a good batt for a moment. Good to go. Subzero temps not good for them. Who knew?
      Had a neighbor lose his service truck because he stored his batts in the cab.
      Adjuster said a seperate metal container for lithium ion batteries.
      Hope you don't park your EV in the garage.

Comment

Be Very careful in the charging electrical outlets that are used charging the rechargeable batteries.

Make sure the circuits doing the charging are ground fault protected. We lost our last shop because the recharger was on a 20 amp standard outlet… when the charger only 2 months old shorted out internally… instead of tripping the breaker… the 20amp circuit remained live and active…. Feeding the charger on fire… instead of tripping the circuit and stopping the electrical flow.

All charging systems (charging any rechargeable batteries) for safety must be ground fault low amp with maximum trip out protection.

The heart aches from a catastrophic farm fire are life changing and take years to recover from!

Blessings, Safety, Praying for rain!

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
          I had a Milwaukee battery too low for charger to recognize. Jump from a good batt for a moment. Good to go. Subzero temps not good for them. Who knew?
          Had a neighbor lose his service truck because he stored his batts in the cab.
          Adjuster said a seperate metal container for lithium ion batteries.
          Hope you don't park your EV in the garage.
          Jeep and Ryobi batteries in garage but now I guess I better get a good metal box for them. Thanx Blackpowder, the alarms in the garage are probably not enough.

Comment

Check out the temperature at which lithium burns.

Comment

Aircraft have been totally destroyed and crashed when lithium batteries go bad.

Like the ship 2 years ago…carrying the new EV that sank in the Atlantic.

2000C is hoooot…

That these batteries are everywhere in every thing… certainly defies logic and common sense…

Blessings and Prayers

Comment

Granted, but they're here to stay. Like flying, statistically quite safe.
                Better technology will come. Until then, education and awareness.
                I will now ensure batteries off the charger overnight. Drone batteries no longer in the house.
                Phones and computers the exception I guess.

Comment

This crap will negate insurance, or raise rates.

Comment

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Technology/Toyota-secures-huge-lead-in-solid-state-battery-patents

Toyota secures huge lead in solid-state battery patents

Japanese companies dominate top 10 but South Korean rivals gaining ground
                    SOTARO YUMAE and KENYA AKAMA, Nikkei staff writersJuly 7, 2022 02:02 JST

TOKYO -- Toyota Motor is by far the leading holder of solid-state battery patents, a Nikkei study shows, demonstrating how Japanese companies have dominated the race to develop the next-generation power source for electric vehicles.

Solid-state batteries do away with liquid electrolytes used in conventional lithium-ion batteries. TDK and other companies have already put miniature solid-state batteries on the market, but solid-state batteries for EVs are still in the prototype stage.

It is expected that solid-state batteries will double the driving distance and take a third of the time to recharge. The batteries are also known to reduce fire risks.

Comment

QUICK! tell the Turd and Libtards to CANCEL white elephant, VW 15$Billion $$ boondoggle!

Comment

Comment

Watched an Ave Boltr video on YouTube where he snipped some lithium batteries in half out in the snow. They combusted immediately. Neighbours lost a shop from tool battery on the charger

Comment

Anyone else have an iPhone that get hot? Wondering about mine.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                              Anyone else have an iPhone that get hot? Wondering about mine.
                              Good story about that. Years ago Telus sent me a new IPhone 8. Had it sitting on a blanket in the sleeper of my grain truck. Was driving down the road and smelled like a brake or clutch disc hanging up. Got out and inspected everything but was all fine. Got back in cab to see phone smoking away. Got SIM card out before it melted too. It was plugged in to charge at the time so probably the battery was defective to start with.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...