• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rechargeable Batteries

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
    There needs to be a way to hold politicians accountable for the boondoggles they create
    They are clearly not qualified to make decisions about anything economic or technical, sweetie tend to make the worst possible decisions, most likely the decisions which put the most money into their or their friends and donors pockets. The taxpayers pay for it, but the taxpayers have no recourse. And even if the politicians get voted out, there are no financial disincentives for the massive waste of taxpayer dollars on schemes such as this.
    It isn't a surprise that the electric buses don't work in edmonton. This was predicted, they were warned.
    And they did it anyways.
    Meanwhile, the useful idiots such as those on here, will keep lecturing the people in the know that we need to leave the science to the experts, because a consensus of politicians all agreed that electric buses are the best solution to a climate crisis which only exists in their overactive imaginations. No amount of real world results and evidence could ever change their minds.
    Well said AB5

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
      Welding, grinding and charging conventional equipment batteries cause far more shop fires.

I can think of numerous examples in my own area and I have yet to hear of one caused by tool batteries. But I am sure that can happen.

So put your rechargeable battery charging sites in an area of the shop that will prevent the spread to the rest of the shop.

And buy a smart charger for indoor charging of equipment and vehicles. Noco makes some good ones. An ounce of prevention....
      A prime example of whataboutism.
      Just because rechargeable batteries keep catching fire and destroying ships and shops and solar farms and parking garages and homes and are too dangerous to be carried as cargo according to some carriers...
      But what about shops catching fire from welding...
      Because that makes all of the rechargeable/ EV battery fires acceptable.
      This is just like the argument the left keeps bringing up to justify letting pedophiles entertain children. What about Catholic priests...

Comment

When Ammonia produced by electrolysis becomes available ….Farm and transportation Diesel engines can easily be fueled using Ammonia. Using batteries for tractors and combines… for their principal energy source…. In this climate…. Are in the same category as Edmonton’s transit busses…. Self defeating sad arrogance …. Cold weather and EV batteries…. Are not practically compatible.

Blessings and Prayers for rain…

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
          Bullshit! Deny all you want but I personally know someone whose shop burned down from a rechargeable battery. The insurance adjuster said so. So you’re smarter than sgi now? What a dough head.
          Wilton you sound angry? Drought and heat getting you down?

I said I know they can happen. But I also said the other sources of shop fires are much more common.

And I never said that any fires are acceptable.

But if your argument against the coming electrification and EVs is they sometimes catch fire you are ignoring the fact that all vehicles catch fire sometimes.
          Last edited by chuckChuck; Jul 31, 2023, 07:15.

Comment

Check 1000's cars burned in another ship....EV started that too. $millions wasted, polluted water...

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
              Check 1000's cars burned in another ship....EV started that too. $millions wasted, polluted water...
              As someone who lost our shop… with untold cost and sacrifice…

You simplify and trivialize the trials folks must endure… to satisfy a mindless illogical cult religion… the climate change C02 fetishizes… the irrational pointless waste of inordinate amounts of resources and human suffering… for an arrogant theory that is bound to fail… especially here in western Canada.

Blessings and Prayers

Comment

What caused your shop fire Tom?

A disaster on any farm to be sure.

And freight ships have been catching fire for 100s of years.

Comment

Whataboutism

Comment

A cordless high efficiency battery powered troublelight charger…. 1.5 months old…My insurance co sued them for faulty design….

Destroying our Pete, 4 WD 9460r JD…. Spontaneous Combustion took the building out in 10 minutes….

Not like you haven’t heard this dozens of times already….

Blessings and Prayers….

Comment

The dark side no one talks about …
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl0E-UhKB5E

Comment

See what consequences of RABID EV rush causes?

Comment

Anyone know how to post that video ?

Comment

Comment

also the videos of kids working in terrible conditions in the mines in africa

Comment

The flat earthers only get preachy about mining and the environmental and social impacts when it involves EVs and new more efficient technology, otherwise they say nothing about the impact of mining and extraction for other industries! LOL

The flat earthers and climate change deniers are so hypocritical it's hilarious!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...