• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beef tongue

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
    Thanks! Interesting.
    ya should dry age a few and try it mate.

never tasted it yet

Comment

I am a big fan of eating beef bison and moose tongue . I usually eat it after being frozen as it thaws I peel the outer skin then I boil it in salt and vinegar water . I eat it warm or refrigerate and slice it cold.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
        Moose tongue real good too.
        Moose tongue Chef Partners would be the one to contact for good recipes.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
          Moose tongue real good too.
          Moose nose is considered the rarest of delicacies east of here.
          Even the kids consider it a real treat.
          Never had the opportunity to partake but probably would try it in the right circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by Bin Lurking
            Had horse tongue whilst touring Europe in late seventies, never again. When I was a kid we often ate liver, blood sausage. Had a neighbour that ate brain. Whole chickens, store bought, used to come with the neck. That was my favourite. Now it's bison steak.
            never been to france but horse meat isnt uncommon?

Comment

Had tongue tacos today. Took more time to cut off the rubbery edge. Extremely tender beef is what it is. Good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                Moose nose is considered the rarest of delicacies east of here.
                Even the kids consider it a real treat.
                Never had the opportunity to partake but probably would try it in the right circumstances.
                Chef Partners claims there's nothing better than a bull Moose's swamp oysters on toast with salt and pepper.

Comment

haggis a scottish delicacy made from all sorts of unwanted parts of sheep.

think its minced up

another one i doubt is anywere in oz now is jugged hare or rabbit. put on open fire cooked whole guts and all not for me

Comment

Suddenly NOT hungry...

Comment

ive tried lots of things but most disgusting is or was sea urchin eggs

A moari mate from NZ gave me some to try errr passed on the second one

You guys see kangaroo over there in super markets?
                      Plum sauce common with it or plum and chilli.

Pretty "gamey" flavour but you guys could handle it real lean to

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...