• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electric Vehicles

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

surely this can't be true ???
    chucky ???
    please tell me this isn't so ?

Comment

Dare you CC refute the crazy numbers for batteries!

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
        Dare you CC refute the crazy numbers for batteries!
        Give Chuck a break on this one.
        Almost all of that mining and refining and processing and manufacturing is performed in third world countries lacking any type of environmental/ labour regulations or CO2 taxes. And as we all know, CO2 and actual pollution and human suffering are only a problem if they occur in western countries.
        CO2 doesn't travel beyond borders. Pollution also respects the arbitrary lines drawn on maps. If I can't see the slave labor or the child labor working with the toxic metals, then it doesn't count. These things are only a problem when they happen here.

Comment

Interesting to note the aforementioned Thacker Pass lithium mine is still only a proposition and is opposed by the locals.
          Not even EVs can escape our new found self destructive ideals here in NA. Everything but the sunshine itself will be coming from countries who don't GaF.

Comment

The climate change deniers care about environmental and social justice issue in the developing and developed world? LOL

Apparently only when it involves transitioning to lower carbon energy sources.

But when it involves oil, gas and coal? Crickets.

And they have nothing to say about the oversized impacts that the developing world will face from human caused climate change?

Their environmental and social justice concerns are conveniently only used to criticize low carbon energy sources and technology but suddenly disappear when climate change is mentioned! Funny that.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
              Actually Chuck2, there is a simple thing called a transfer switch that I flip when I start my generator, which protects power workers. My guess for a plan b would be a diesel power generator to charge the batteries in the trucks.

As for your solar array, all that investment and you still need a generator when the power is out Lmao!
              And the reason you will pay for it in ten years is your installation was subsidized by fellow taxpayers and the decarbonization of the electrical grid is increasing the cost of electricity not reducing it!
              I have had a generator long before a solar PV system. So the generator was no additional cost.

And when I pay for and maintain my own PV system that provides additional surplus electricity to the grid that is trying to reduce carbon emissions, I am also providing benefits.

And all farmers receive subsidized electricity from the grid in Saskatchewan because they pay a slightly lower rate than residential and city customers and the distribution and grid costs are much higher to widely spread rural farm customers. So who is getting subsidized?

And the gas and coal generation also receive subsidies and are paid for by customers and taxpayers as well.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...