• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Products of a Positive Protest

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both my parents died in long term care. One in the middle of the pandemic, but not from covid.

My mother in law is in long term care. She had covid but survived. My Father in law is living independently so far and had covid as well.

So I am very familiar with the impact and isolation covid has had on long term care residents and seniors. Fortunately the care homes that my relatives were in were relatively good. But we all know the stories of what happened in the ones that were not.

But if you think I am not familiar with the worry,anguish and heartbreak that having relatives in long term care during a pandemic causes you are terribly wrong.

So maybe you should try another tack to discredit my opinion.

Almost everyone has a relative, friend or family member who has been isolated, lonely and negatively impacted because of covid whether in long term care or living independently.
    Last edited by chuckChuck; Mar 2, 2022, 10:12.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
      Both my parents died in long term care. One in the middle of the pandemic, but not from covid.

My mother in law is in long term care. She had covid but survived. My Father in law is living independently so far and had covid as well.

So I am very familiar with the impact and isolation covid has had on long term care residents and seniors. Fortunately the care homes that my relatives were in were relatively good. But we all know the stories of what happened in the ones that were not.

But if you think I am not familiar with the worry,anguish and heartbreak that having relatives in long term care during a pandemic causes you are terribly wrong.

So maybe you should try another tack to discredit my opinion.

Almost everyone has a relative, friend or family member who has been isolated, lonely and negatively impacted because of covid whether in long term care or living independently.

then why don't you seem to care, show or fight for them?
      "worry,anguish and heartbreak" your words... instead you further promote this nonsense narrative of clear goverment overreach in the name of "your safety" You say your aware, but do you care?

Comment

The LTC where my Dad is has been closed to all visitors for 1 month already.
        No end in sight, possibly end of March they say.
        All residents tested positive.
        All 2x and some 3x some 4x vaxed..
        Yup..sure works Good that vax thing..

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
          The LTC where my Dad is has been closed to all visitors for 1 month already.
          No end in sight, possibly end of March they say.
          All residents tested positive.
          All 2x and some 3x some 4x vaxed..
          Yup..sure works Good that vax thing..
          So if all residents are testing positive, what justification do they use for keeping visitors out? Protecting the general public from the fully vaccinated residents in LTC?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
            So if all residents are testing positive, what justification do they use for keeping visitors out? Protecting the general public from the fully vaccinated residents in LTC?
            YES! like how can I risk positive residents???? They could risk me, is that the reason?

Dad 99, last Vax Feb 13, 2021, zip remains of any benefit, had a COLD!

I Had this sh it twice, immune like crazy.

Nearly everyone has recovered from Omicold around here.

Comment

Looks funny when you see it in print, no?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                Looks funny when you see it in print, no?
                Well, to be honest with you, funny wasn't the first word that came to mind. Unless of course you have the same definition of funny as Mr lol does who thinks there's something funny about him wishing death in a dirty diaper on someone's mother.

Comment

Originally posted by helmach View Post
                  then why don't you seem to care, show or fight for them?
                  "worry,anguish and heartbreak" your words... instead you further promote this nonsense narrative of clear goverment overreach in the name of "your safety" You say your aware, but do you care?
                  Why do you assume I don't care? I think I made it clear I have experienced the losses directly. And I am the only posters on this site to bring up the impact of covid on seniors as a major failing of our long term care system.

And what did you have to say about the thousands of seniors who died of covid and in many cases neglect in poorly run facilities. Please do tell us.

Are you suggesting we shouldn't have vaccinated seniors or lock them down before we had vaccines?
                  Or used other measures to reduce the chance of infection?

Elderly people are more susceptible because of chronic disease and aging immune systems whether they are vaccinated or not. But vaccines saved many many lives and reduced the impact of covid.

Most long term care facilities were following the advice of experts within provincial governments on what to do. Many allowed some forms of visitation once most people were vaccinated. And visitation rules are opening up as we speak.

You can call it overreach, but would you rather that many more seniors would have died because we had not enough covid measures?

Comment

A5 are you really that f..cking stupid that you think anyone would wish death by neglect on an elderly senior? How low will you go weasel?

You obviously have very little common sense and continue to take what I said out of the context of the covid disaster in long term care homes.

I clearly was the only one on Agriville who was raising the issue of neglect that caused many deaths and hardly anyone had anything, including you, to say about it. It's like it never happened.

Shame on you!
                    Last edited by chuckChuck; Mar 2, 2022, 13:34.

Comment

SHAME on you for promoting this evil SH IT on all of us!

X 1000 telling kids to take it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                        A5 are you really that f..cking stupid that you think anyone would wish death by neglect on an elderly senior? How low will you go weasel?

You obviously have very little common sense and continue to take what I said out of the context of the covid disaster in long term care homes.

I clearly was the only one on Agriville who was raising the issue of neglect that caused many deaths and hardly anyone had anything, including you, to say about it. It's like it never happened.

Shame on you!
                        Well good for you for finally taking my advice and deleting the post in question glad to see you finally showing some empathy and humility.
                        That's very out of character for you to show such consideration to your fellow posters.
                        Although I haven't actually gone back to confirm that you removed the insensitive post, I am taking your word for it.

Comment

Well, to be honest with you, funny wasn't the first word that came to mind. Unless of course you have the same definition of funny as Mr lol does who thinks there's something funny about him wishing death in a dirty diaper on someone's mother.
                          So after coming back from your hiatus from Agriville, this is what you come up with.

Chuck posted that he just recently lost his parents and in your response to Case you just had to get in a dig towards Chuck. Not very sensitive on your part!

Ab5, for a guy who posts numerous time a day on Agriville, what was your reason for sitting on the sidelines for as long as you did?

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                            So after coming back from your hiatus from Agriville, this is what you come up with.

Chuck posted that he just recently lost his parents and in your response to Case you just had to get in a dig towards Chuck. Not very sensitive on your part!

Ab5, for a guy who posts numerous time a day on Agriville, what was your reason for sitting on the sidelines for as long as you did?
                            Sorry, I must have missed something. What sidelines and what hiatus?
                            I didn't realize I had gone anywhere. But I'm flattered to know that you are keeping track.
                            In fact, I didn't even mention chuck. But if he thinks that the mr. LOL title fits him, then who am I to argue.
                            Edit, I just looked back. And you are correct, I did not post anything on the 29th 30th or 31st of February. Guilty as charged. I will try not to be so negligent next time.
                            Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Mar 2, 2022, 16:27.

Comment

Sorry, I must have missed something. What sidelines and what hiatus?
                              I didn't realize I had gone anywhere. But I'm flattered to know that you are keeping track.
                              Funny how you left Chuck out in your post this time. No mocking for the first time.

Ya right you know what I'm talking about, for you not to post for a good number days doesn't require anybody keeping track. AB5 appears everywhere on a normal day.

I'm thinking it had to do with Tweety confusing you on thread after thread.

Comment

Are you still making up your "alternate" facts A5? Like the world is going to run out of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and I am wishing death by neglect on the elderly?

It seems as if you are detached from reality and not very good at responding to the issues in any meaningful and thoughtful way with evidence.

You spend a whole lot more time on Agrisilly than I do and a lot of your posts are about me. You must see me as a threat because your constant references to me are a sign you have little confidence.

And I don't expect you to change your weasel ways. So just continue on.
                                Last edited by chuckChuck; Mar 2, 2022, 16:37.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...