• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Food Babe is to Ag like Jenny Mcarthy is to vaccines.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food Babe is to Ag like Jenny Mcarthy is to vaccines.

Keep seeing and reading about this woman who is relatively attractive cut down agriculture for her own good. She is becoming like Jenny Mcarthy and not to vaccine your kids. Now we have measles spreading all over North America.
    This food babe is spreading lies about ag all over thinker net and live appearances on morning TV and radio etc.
    time to stand up and fight these groups with no clue about farming. Their winning. She has almost a 100000 followers.
    Sex sells, who talks about healthy foods using the title food babe.
    Check out farm babe with responses etc. we're being attacked and companies will pass on their costs to us if she gains more ground and we have to change how we produce food.

Vani Hari, her real name, holds a degree in computer science from University of North Carolina. Prior to starting her blog, she evidently worked as a independent management consultant for Bank of America. In other words, she has no experience or understanding of food, science, or chemistry.

But these days, she spends her time bullying what she refers to as “Big Food” into bending to her will, even (and especially) when more reputable people state that she’s wrong. Since she started, she’s made some well-known companies change ingredients and cave to her interests, including Chipotle, Chick-fil-a, and Subway. Once she starts a campaign against the company, they routinely sit down with her and discuss her problems. She’s also regularly a guest on morning news shows, which feature her as an “expert” on food issues.

One of Food Babe’s rules is that she won’t eat something if she cannot pronounce all of the ingredients. (What does it mean that I have no idea how to pronounce her name?) Hence, in one of her more well known campaigns, Vani Hari managed to blackmail Subway into removing the chemical known as Azodicarbonamide out of their breads, simply because she could not pronounce the word.

If you aren’t familiar with the chemical, Azodicarbonamide has been used in making bread since 1927. According to Josh Bloom at Science 2.0:

Comment

Most recently, Food Babe has taken on beer producers for the “shocking” ingredients beer contains (you can read more about this fight on Forbes). And she’s asking Starbucks to use only organic milk (labeling anything else as “Monsanto Milk” — what?!) .
      She’s also a champion for organic food and, obviously, hates GMOs. Oh, and she was also recently voted Dr. Oz’s “healthiest Facebook page.” Now you know she’s a fraud.

The icing on the cake for Vani Hari is that she gets paid for her scare tactics — of course, she denies she does any of this for money. (Yeah, riiight.) When her articles and posts reference a certain organic or non-GMO brand, Food Babe sees dollar siFood Babe also has a few other ways to make a few bucks, as discussed in the article. In fact, she’s so successful at shaming companies, she was able to quit her full time job a few years ago, and now makes her income from being the queen of fear.

Oh, and she’s also ridiculously talented at snapping photos of herself eating something green and laughing it up.

Her Facebook page has nearly half a million followers and she shows no sign of slowing down, cleaning up her act, or learning anything about science. The sad fact is, there are a lot of people that trust this woman. Her “army” is comprised of people that believe “big food” is poisoning us and using ingredients that will kill us, all so they can make a buck. Try to point out the truth and her army, much like Food Babe, doesn’t care.

Food Babe is accountable to absolutely no one. Whatever harebrained idea she comes up with is the next big issue, whether she understands the ingredient or not. She’ll fire up the shocking blog articles, sick her army on them, and put another notch on her organic carrot stick.gns:

Comment

Thanks for posting and as the kid in the video says, "Although you don't agree, at least you have people talking about the food system".

Found this kid on the food babe site. Thanks for the introduction, she is cute as a butto

Comment

No stopping this freight train I'm afraid. Changing people's opinions once their mind is made up is near impossible.

Comment

The power of social media is huge. But there is a difference is liking something on facebook and getting out of your parents basement and doing something about it.

I have said it before. If we could vote on line the world will be run by twenty somethings. If you actually have to get off your butt and physically go vote, we're safe.

Comment

myself , I could care less . like I said last time this was talked on here about , let them ban gmo's , maybe chemicals also , would be the best thing that ever happened to farmers , would cut production drastically and then we would get paid what this shit is actually worth ! all the leaches living off of our over production would have to get a real job and I could go to the lake instead of sitting in the sprayer all summer.. railroads would be bidding on what little bit of grain there was to haul , might even be able to get it done . yea bring it on , it's all good ! but don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen , the big boys are way ahead of us in stopping it .

Comment

Conversation with my wife on a car ride not to long ago.

wife;why do people go bananas over hutterite food?
                me;i don't know,never thought about it,do they?
                wife;o ya always a line up,are they organic?
                me;ha,ha,no i don't think so probably use more,not sure but i think animals are just as commercially raised as anything else

Moral of the story (maybe?)-perception is everything

Comment

Same thing here with the Amish vegetable stands customer - "these are all grown organically right?"
                  My Amish friend-"we grow them according to the rules of our religion"
                  Customer - "I'm so glad, I'll take them"
                  me to my Amish friend later - "what does your religion say about fertilizer and pesticide anyway?"
                  My Amish friend -"not a damn thing. The more, the merrier"
                  And it happens all day, every day of the summer

Comment

LEP That is so true. In the last election in our town a young fellow went up against an older person for mayor. The young fellow ran a good campaign and talked to lots of younger people to try and get the vote out. He lost and there was a lot of grumbling because a lot of the first time voters thought liking him on facebook meant they voted for him. True story and this is small town Sask. not Toronto or vancouver

Comment

Ok just read a post on her latest post debunking her. Took like two hours to read half of it. Backed up a bit with the back button. Low and behold its now gone. She deleted it. It was about how she bullied kraft food colorings etc and about how much money she was making selling beauty products with the same ingredients. She was getting blasted on a lot of different things. Mostly looks like she does not do a whole lot of research and it comes back to bite her on her beauty products.

facebook should not allow that but then again the name would be defacebook.

Check out banned by food babe and foodbabe exposed

Comment

Direct market. There is a growing trend that people want to buy from people who farm. Ie. Farmers markets, roadside stands etc. the Amish and Hutterites make themselves available to this market. Both use inputs, that's how they choose to produce their goods. Buyers are more interested in people instead of things on a shelf at the store.
                        I'm pretty sure Parsley does this, and the best example I am aware of is, Melanie Boldt, Pine View Farms. Just people doing their thing. In her previous life Melanie was a chemical rep in my area. I would meet her at the elevator and ask about the products I was buying to spray my crops, usually I was confused with the "programs"

Comment

My advice is dress up as hutterite. No questions asked just sales.

Comment

Re the Hutterites and Amish, I think it's about their perceived brand. Perceived as working with their hands. Hard working women tending huge market gardens is a vision in many minds.

Also, I've never seen a Hutterite that didn't speak well of their products.

Comment

My computor phone has a problem when I go on them sites. Beware. Whats up with that?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...