• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Food Babe is to Ag like Jenny Mcarthy is to vaccines.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Braveheart, more people would have the same regard for other farmers if they met them, or bought something from them.
    People want to buy direct from farmers, what cN we sell them? Every year people call me for cleaned and bagged organic wheat. I dont grow it. Plus i am too lazy/buzy to do it. There you go. A good spot for the next organic guy.

Comment

I agree Hobby. People do like a connection. I once did a spot with Global TV on how we raise our cattle. It aired nationally and even spawned newspaper articles. People from Winnipeg all the way to Vancouver suburbs started phoning wondering how they could buy beef from us.

When I hear things from the likes of food babes et al, I hear most farmers pooh pooh, or try to shout down. But there's a message in there that could become an opportunity. I admit I haven't found it yet. I'm listening though.

I still believe in science based facts personally. But to some people perception is the only truth. Sometimes you gotta give them what they want, and then make them pay through the nose for it.

Comment

Had to restart my phone 3 times since visitting the anti food babe sites.

Comment

It's not just her message that's toxic?

Comment

Seriously last lyric.

Sask3 says read about this lady
            I say ya right maybe
            Later I beg vani I need a medic
            Did not use a condom to protect from your
            Lipstick
            **** me

Comment

Braveheart, you dont have to make them pay through the nose. Charge the shelf price. You are capturing the retail price. You are not overcharging or gouging. Im not sure why farmers think they are "making" people pay, when really, the people are agreeably buying the product you have presented. If they dont like the product, or price, or message they would not buy.

Comment

Her lipstick is more toxic than the macaroni and cheese. Did anyone get it?

Comment

Of course you're right hobbyfmr. When I spoke about making them pay I was resorting to a baser instinct of punishing others for how they think. That's not the win win I actually desire.

Thanks for calling me on it.

Comment

According to her after the fact she sold tons of toxic lipstick after craft brought up the issue its in your lipstick you sell. previously Making tons of money. Not sure if she disconinued yet.

Comment

Some of the Hutterites are doing an exceptional job of producing and marketing their range of products. A colony I know and really respect in AB.

http://www.phmeatshop.ca

Comment

Thank you Sask3. This has been a pet reading project for me this winter. Sadly I have no answers.
                        My reading list has included:
                        Confessions of a Greenpeace Dropout by Patrick Moore.
                        Forty Chances by Howard Buffett.
                        Abundance Peter Diamandis and StevenKotler
                        as well as some Henry Kissinger.
                        Some thoughts. As Sam Clements said " it's far easier to fool people than convince them they've been fooled".
                        Also, people seem to want healthy food but will still buy fats and sugars.
                        If only we could take all the unscientific untruth speakers and give them a one month sabbatical in each of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa, and South America.
                        Also, dig deeper into the numbers regarding various renewable energies. As well as the personal views of the leaders of the anti everything groups.
                        Hopefully then these baby faced, creamy skinned wunderkinds can explain the real meaning of the word 'sustainable'.
                        Hopefully they could then better recall the Websters definition of words like organic, non-organic, and genetic modification.
                        And while they're at it they can bring all the heads of state in all the above mentioned countries to a successful round table on the health and future welfare of their people.
                        The more Big Macs sold, the less Kalashnikovs used.
                        Our industry is very behind the curve, governments are beginning to kowtow just 'because'. All we can do is inform? Open our doors as wide as we can?
                        Maybe with a little luck the public will overload on the "everything is bad" message while they're struggling to raise their kids and treat themselves to a fatty salty snack?
                        And hopefully Dr Oz and Food Babe etc will make enough mistakes and discredit themselves.

Comment

OMGoodness blackpowder...

I can not resist one jab. LOL

Reading Henry Kissinger and then the quote right after " it's far easier to fool people than convince them they've been fooled".

Kissinger and his Nazi Bush neocons have been fooling the west for a long long time and apocalypse ( which actually means uncover, disclose, reveal) is upon them all.

I realise that your quoted statement is very true...

Comment

Well that's fair, perhaps dropping Kissinger's name in there took away from my point.

Comment

I think you where fooled on fats are bad for you.

Comment

The food babe is referred to the fraud broad outside her circles. She effectively doesn't buy into it's the dose that makes the poison. She was on Oprah biting into a yoga mat and comparing it to Subways subs because there was a similar ingredient.

Just came across this link on GMOs and how they relate to food issues in Africa

http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/18/8056163/bill-gates-gmo-farming-world-hunger-africa-poverty#b02g18t20w15

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...