• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planter / drill

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would be one pricey license

Comment

In the past I told you guys our efficiency(seed rate reduction) will be stolen from us....sad.

Comment

Guys , think about it . It has already .
        Planters have been used for many years already.
        Put it this way , add 10% to $5 a lb , then add 10% to $13 a lb . It's been no different than anything you've purchased the past ten years . Look at the cost of a new sprayer, tractor , combine the past ten years , it is what it is . It has nothing to do with wether guys buy planters or not . It's going that way already . Been in the canola seed industry for over 20 years - nothing will change because a hand full of guys start using planters .

Comment

Canola with Horsch planter at 2 lbs .

Hanging in there , but needs rain soon

Comment

Lol , that's cute wise guy 🤣

Comment

Any updates furrow? Don't be scared! Show us how it's doing. It's ok if it looks real good!

I think all people want is a realistic appraisal.

Let's see if I will need to change my Username to "Chicken Little" after harvest.....maybe I will get a pleasant surprise and have to change it to "Foghorn Leghorn" instead....LOL

Comment

High on the list of my favorite Loony-Toon characters.
                Last edited by farmaholic; Jul 16, 2017, 00:09.

Comment

Going on a crop tour back at farm one morning this week.
                  Considering how dry we are canola was hanging in there very well but the last two days burn out areas showing up . A lot less with planter - due to lower plant stand IMO.
                  Will try to drone a field or two where we did the side by side .
                  Interesting that from the road it's not very easy to pick out the seed rate trial of 1lb, 1.5 lb and 2 lb seed rates.
                  Also will take pictures of how many blanks on the 4.7 lb drill and the 2 lb Horsch , there will be blanks ..... just how many will be interesting to count on each drill .

Comment

I think everything changes when you are trying to compare results a wet year vs dry year.

This year we would of benefited from 9" spacing or less and last year that would of doubled our disease.

Furrow your first pics of the corn are amazing, into sand yet you can see every tire mark and track just like the day it was seeded...you were fortunate not to get the massive wind we suffered from (and still are suffering from with 50km gusts everyday)

Thanks furrow for sharing...hope you get a little rain

Comment

Pulled some canola plants from the planter at 2 lbs and the drill at 4.7 lbs ....

Drill on left , planter on right
                      Both have a lot of blanks but will know more when full pod
                      Still very dry here , totally missed rains 2 days ago

Comment

So did the planter roots break off because they were deeper or what happened to them?

Comment

Cause it's fricken dry as hell man .

Comment

But seriously, is it coincidence that one lot snapped off and the others didn't? Is the ground drier after the planter versus the drill?

Comment

I just grabbed plants from one one side then the other because of the difference I seen .
                              Hmmmmm , the planter canola plants have the whole roots there so wtf are you talking about ?
                              The drill canola plants have roots missing.

Comment

Soybeans seeded with Horsch planter on the same 15 in .
                                Just showing the individual row control.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...