• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday Week 7

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those in wet areas now , consider a coulter harrow to help dry things out on top .
    Was out with Gates earlier this morning in wet canola stubble ..
    never left a single lump

Comment

pouring again this morning in Manitoba , was lot of hail around Winnipeg yesterday , thankfully missed that

Comment

Got an inch Thursday night. Now a cold nw wind. Wouldn’t doubt it freezes in the usual places. Lawn just about should be cut. Pastures coming on nicely. All my wheat is in. Did I mention the cold nw wind?

Comment

Originally posted by blueversi View Post
          What area are you in?
          Western MB

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
            Got an inch Thursday night. Now a cold nw wind. Wouldn’t doubt it freezes in the usual places. Lawn just about should be cut. Pastures coming on nicely. All my wheat is in. Did I mention the cold nw wind?
            Was some -2’s west of Edmonton this morning

Comment

-2 north of GP.

Comment

Finnished wheat May 11, started canola May 13, we are 1/2 done seeding. It has been a long time since we have had some nice April /early May rains! the hay fields & pastures look amazing for this time of spring ! Soil moisture is good with 2-3" slow rains. The Assiniboine river flooded again, most of water off, but didn't take the sticks & trees with it ! Will be a day or 2 cleaning up the mess to have ready to seed plus some wash outs at some road crossings to fix before using.

Comment

Canola be FINE at -2,3,4 if so wet. Dry frost KILLS!

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
                    -2 north of GP.
                    Did you get any rain? I find that after rain there is an increased chance of frost. We had 1" but no frost. Not sure how much the hayland got. Grass starting to come on. Really glad it's been cool - hopefully the hay won't bolt too soon this year.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                      Canola be FINE at -2,3,4 if so wet. Dry frost KILLS!

yup , very little up right in this area

Comment

All cereals done, changed drill over to canola this morning and will keep rolling until a rain stops us. Sitting at 60% done, should be done Friday if all goes well.

Comment

Originally posted by littledoggie View Post

Did you get any rain? I find that after rain there is an increased chance of frost. We had 1" but no frost. Not sure how much the hayland got. Grass starting to come on. Really glad it's been cool - hopefully the hay won't bolt too soon this year.
                          1.2 and still showers. Forecast clear off Sunday night and freeze again.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                            I would think possible widespread frost in western Sask Sunday / Monday morning.
                            Question will be zero or colder , time will tell . Maybe stay above zero but hard NW winds will drive cold air in by Sunday morning
                            And here it is …

Comment

The long weekend frost
                              last year was an anomaly

Comment

Originally posted by rumrocks View Post

What drill do you use now and what are some of the improvements over the 5710.
                                Running a seedhawk now. Emergence can’t be beat with a dual shank here. But comes with its own headaches too.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...