• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sask 2024-25 Budget

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LEP View Post

Alot of the increase in pst is a result of the major investment in the potash industries and canola crush plants.

Multiple billions of investment results in hundreds of millions in pst.
    So do we get shares in these builds since we re paying for them or was that never considered? Are the agreements made for us to give all this tax money to billion dollar companies in the public because I d like to see how theyre getting those billions back?

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post

Alot of the increase in pst is a result of the major investment in the potash industries and canola crush plants.

Multiple billions of investment results in hundreds of millions in pst.
      Moe Math again.PST comes from every day spending .from every day people.Construction and reno boom did add to the extra pst.But higher rental rates followed .Federal government removed GST on construction materials of rental properties last fall but Sask refuses to remove the 6% PST . Insurance is on vehicles and property that people now pay PST on is another huge money grab .

Comment

Originally posted by CptnObvious View Post
        Irrigation. Hundreds of millions of dollars to serve hundreds of farmers at a 1:1, or if we're lucky, a 2:1 return. Look at crops. Varietal development in wheat returns 33:1( Gray et. al.) yet development is choked because there is not enough lab space to spend the wads of cash held by the commission. Why won't the gov't spend that irrigation money on building research facilities that will benefit ALL farmers?
        Two questions? Who lobbied the Gov'ts, both Fed and Prov to invest in irrigation, someone did some hard lobbying on those farmers behalf? Second maybe more of a statement but Ritz cut research budgets and sold off (gave) research to private corps then set up financing them through your check off $ and commissions. At least that is the way I understand it to have happened, it is what farmers wanted.

Comment

Moe makes statements and just thinks eveyrone should accept the numbers.Fact is Moe math is only Moe math meant to distact from his failures.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
            Does anyone know if our trade deals are also tied to whether or not we have
            some type of carbon reduction in place? Because on various sites there are claims
            that we would sell 1/3 less oil and even less grain if we did not have an evvironment
            plan or whatever you want to call it? Some countries will not buy products from countries that dont have something in the works? is this true?
            I know that RP and Cargill have sustainability programs, Cargill pays farmers to sign up was $1000, i think I saw $2000 this year for the 4rs in nitrogen...correct me if I'm wrong. RP didn't offer me anything for their progra. it is probably true that markets would like some program in place they still need to buy food to keep their population from revolting. Its all optics anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by newguy View Post

Moe Math again.PST comes from every day spending .from every day people.Construction and reno boom did add to the extra pst.But higher rental rates followed .Federal government removed GST on construction materials of rental properties last fall but Sask refuses to remove the 6% PST . Insurance is on vehicles and property that people now pay PST on is another huge money grab .
              Commercial trucking companies that are just licenced in this province get bent over every time they have a break down. PST on parts and labour. Motor job that hits $70000 $4200 bucks goes into pst. Now carbon tax going up,trucking companies aren’t sure how much to increase rates due to the fact that it just isn’t fuel that is going up. I think it took them a year or two to be able to put all the numbers on a page to get the big picture of carbon tax,ccp,workers comp, ….. increases.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post

Two questions? Who lobbied the Gov'ts, both Fed and Prov to invest in irrigation, someone did some hard lobbying on those farmers behalf? Second maybe more of a statement but Ritz cut research budgets and sold off (gave) research to private corps then set up financing them through your check off $ and commissions. At least that is the way I understand it to have happened, it is what farmers wanted.
                In wheat at least nearly all of the investment from levy dollars is spent in public institutions.

Comment

Companies that bid on projects from out of province pay no pst if equipment rented from out of province where sask companies that rent from sask pay pst on their rental equipment.Moe has made Sask companies less competitive .

Comment

Companies that bid on projects from out of province pay no pst if equipment rented from out of province where sask companies that rent from sask pay pst on their rental equipment.Moe has made Sask companies less competitive .
                    Good job.

Now replace:

companies from out of province with other countries.

PST with carbon tax

And you see what Trudeau is doing to the whole country…

Comment

[QUOTE=flea beetle;n791924]

Good job.

Now replace:

companies from out of province with other countries.

PST with carbon tax

And you see what Trudeau is doing to the whole country…[/QUOTE Moe's PST expansion cost Sask 5 times what the carbon tax cost Sask.

Comment

How is it Moe math??

I was involved in the planning of a multi million dollar facility. The pst was $750,000.

So if BHP is spending $7Billion thats $490 million.

Alittle more significant than the hundreds on your farm insurance or carharts.

Comment

Actually no you are wrong once again.

Any out of province contractors pay an apportioned amount of pst. If it is a drilling rig they pay pst based on the percentage of the year they spend working in Saskatchewan.

Commercial trucks pay an apportioned pst on their plates, insurance, and cost of the truck.

In fact I would go as far as to say you are a paid NDP troll.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...