• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sask 2024-25 Budget

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sask 2024-25 Budget

Did the Sask party ever dump a lot of money into ag this budget

From Sask Wheat Growers
    Calgary, AB — (March 20, 2024): The Saskatchewan Government delivered for grain farmers in the 2024 – 25 budget. Allocating $570.6 billion towards a variety of programs that support the agriculture industry, grain farmers will have access to a variety of risk management programs, including Crop Insurance and AgriStability.

Yeah …. great job!!!!

They increased premiums on a couple crops I would have like to have grown past the point where I won’t be growing them now.
    I haven’t collected anything for many yrs.

Like I said great job.

Some will still be farming for the programs.

Comment

I had a non farming neighbour who would come to coffee and every time farmers would complain about costs or prices he would respond if things are that bad then quit . Well they’re all still farming and still complaining but he has since passed on.If I farmed relying on govt money or crop insurance I would have but done decades ago.

Comment

Originally posted by fcr View Post
        I had a non farming neighbour who would come to coffee and every time farmers would complain about costs or prices he would respond if things are that bad then quit . Well they’re all still farming and still complaining but he has since passed on.If I farmed relying on govt money or crop insurance I would have but done decades ago.
        I have friends who have had 3 straight yrs of drought, and have said they will be growing crops that have the highest guarantee.
        Their premiums are high but will pay the most if another drought comes.

There are a lot nervous farms going into this spring seeding.

Comment

All fine until , you are 10-25% below your average , then like this year the price drops 40% .
          then what are you guaranteed … a whole lotta nothin and a 40% increase in premiums next year .
          that $650 guarantee turns into $200/ac loss and a bigger bill the following year .
          that’s the reality most don’t understand, one bad year , yup all good , in fact gravy train for some .
          multiple bad years , it ain’t no farmin on crop insurance, it becomes a massive expense , and worthless coverage in a hurry .

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            All fine until , you are 10-25% below your average , then like this year the price drops 40% .
            then what are you guaranteed … a whole lotta nothin and a 40% increase in premiums next year .
            that $650 guarantee turns into $200/ac loss and a bigger bill the following year .
            that’s the reality most don’t understand, one bad year , yup all good , in fact gravy train for some .
            multiple bad years , it ain’t no farmin on crop insurance, it becomes a massive expense , and worthless coverage in a hurry .
            Agree 100% with you.

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
              Did the Sask party ever dump a lot of money into ag this budget

From Sask Wheat Growers
              Calgary, AB — (March 20, 2024): The Saskatchewan Government delivered for grain farmers in the 2024 – 25 budget. Allocating $570.6 billion towards a variety of programs that support the agriculture industry, grain farmers will have access to a variety of risk management programs, including Crop Insurance and AgriStability.
              Looks like a typo, should be $570.6 million?

Comment

Investment in irrigation is a big part of the Sask Parties spending.Who exactly are they doing this to help? The phrase food security is just another way on saying cheap food policy.

Comment

Irrigation. Hundreds of millions of dollars to serve hundreds of farmers at a 1:1, or if we're lucky, a 2:1 return. Look at crops. Varietal development in wheat returns 33:1( Gray et. al.) yet development is choked because there is not enough lab space to spend the wads of cash held by the commission. Why won't the gov't spend that irrigation money on building research facilities that will benefit ALL farmers?

Comment

Since the increase and expanded PST Moe brought in the cost of PST to households have increased 125%. Insurance and building materials etc has to be past on in increased rent .so if the 250 million dollars in carbon tax is the cause of inflation what about the extra 1.5 billion in Moe PST.?

Comment

Although the PST tax sucks in Sask , someone has to pay the bills in this province.
                      the carbon tax is based on false narratives.

Comment

Although the PST tax sucks in Sask , someone has to pay the bills in this province.
                        Only thing false is Moe Math.He said sask can not afford another tax.Then he raises the PST by 125%.

Comment

Thats very true someone has to pay for services, but whos paying? I would think that farms pay quite a large part of that and yet the unwavering vote continues??? Somebody has to pay for a few farms to receive irrigation while the rest of us get what? A shit crop insurance and even worse Agristability of which would have been better had the province said they would contribute to it when the feds offerred?
                          How the hell are we broke as a province with those numbers coming in? not to mention theyre over charging rents on crown lands, got rid of gas rebate etc etc theyve been screwing farmers and rural sask as much or more than the NDP ever did.

Comment

Does anyone know if our trade deals are also tied to whether or not we have
                            some type of carbon reduction in place? Because on various sites there are claims
                            that we would sell 1/3 less oil and even less grain if we did not have an evvironment
                            plan or whatever you want to call it? Some countries will not buy products from countries that dont have something in the works? is this true?

Comment

Originally posted by newguy View Post
                              Only thing false is Moe Math.He said sask can not afford another tax.Then he raises the PST by 125%.
                              Alot of the increase in pst is a result of the major investment in the potash industries and canola crush plants.

Multiple billions of investment results in hundreds of millions in pst.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...