• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Monette Farms like Bernie Madoff?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All that new brokenland canola go's to G3 while the local Richardson's looks abandoned. They are always paying more anyways.

Comment

Gotta hand it to Darrel for trying to run a farm all over western Canada but I really don’t know if he realizes what he’s getting into in some of these places he’s trying to farm. There’s a reason the farmers and ranchers of these particular areas had four legged creatures running all over them. Weather changes all the time and the last few years in these areas has been dry. When it switches back to wet or more normal conditions their equipment would the last stuff I would ever entertain buying after the shit I know it would have gone thru. Good luck to them.

Comment

That still looks like pasture with the bush pushed up?

How much value added to that many acres?

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
          What I find interesting is that to sell any canola to Richardsons or a few others , one must sign a declaration stating that you are not to remove bush and or drain wetlands as per an agreement to sell to European markets.
          well all the larger farms as pushing bush constantly and their trucks still roll in and out of those elevators.
          Bullshit. I sell almost everthing to RP and the cat is idling as I type. Signed nothing.
          Last edited by makar; Mar 28, 2024, 18:18.

Comment

I've never been to this exact area, but looking at Google earth, the area around Cayer and Eddystone look just like the muskeg which is prevalent in our area. Except our muskegs are interspersed with strips of high land which is farmable if the cold, rain, hail and snow cooperate. The Eddystone and Cayer areas don't appear to have much elevation to work with.
            What would be the process to turn this land into crop land, does it require drainage and landscaping? Or have they inadvertently chosen the middle of a drought to start this project?

Comment

Let them push every stick they want. All trees do is offer cover for large four legged rats such as elk and deer.

Comment

A big front for laundered foreign $$$.

He is just a name, started with SFA, got someone to fund it all, using his name to be legal.

A friend knew him in tech school and it's all BS.

Comment

Pushing the trees is the easy part its the drainage and rocks....and rocks to dig move and bury.Thin layer of top soil when it clicks it clicks but for how long. As for the 4 legged rats they move farther south to our country and live on alfalfa,soybeans and corn fields. So far the elk stay closer to the mountain but we do get the odd moose wandering through.

Comment

It's swamp.when it rains and it's heavy dirt. Rocks heavy

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                      A big front for laundered foreign $$$.

He is just a name, started with SFA, got someone to fund it all, using his name to be legal.

A friend knew him in tech school and it's all BS.
                      Can same be said about the big farm in your area I wonder or are they self made?

Comment

It can be farmed but with lots of cash and time to clean it up. Oh and lots of painful experiences. Not for me when I’m used to what I got. If u drive thru these areas they’ve just bought u will understand better that some land is better left the way it was for the purpose it has been being used for.

Comment

Or are they making a bet that the recent warming trend has, or is going to transform the fringes into productive cropland? On an operation that size, taking the risk to get in on the ground floor of what might be the next land boom, might be worth a try.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                            Or are they making a bet that the recent warming trend has, or is going to transform the fringes into productive cropland? On an operation that size, taking the risk to get in on the ground floor of what might be the next land boom, might be worth a try.
                            I bet this is both.

A big bet but not for that operation.

Comment

This must be a pretty sleepy area if neighbours are up in arms about land clearing for ag development. Doesn’t really sit right with me having neighbours complaining about what somebody else is doing on their property, however I realize this is on a much larger scale than normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
                                This must be a pretty sleepy area if neighbours are up in arms about land clearing for ag development. Doesn’t really sit right with me having neighbours complaining about what somebody else is doing on their property, however I realize this is on a much larger scale than normal.
                                generational farms in the area no doubt saw a bunch of farmers come and go with big ideas...when they leave it's all thistles and tansy till the poplars and cattails once again take over.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...