• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sask crop insurance ???

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sask crop insurance ???

Claim put in Sept 4 ....... still waiting for payment.... Sounds like Moe and Co. have been raiding crop insurance fund and putting into general revenue.... I think my payment was used up on a HOLIDAY with Friends in Dubai

Originally posted by rastafarian View Post
    Claim put in Sept 4 ....... still waiting for payment.... Sounds like Moe and Co. have been raiding crop insurance fund and putting into general revenue.... I think my payment was used up on a HOLIDAY with Friends in Dubai
    Here is the best advice I can give you, because that has happened to me. Go talk to lawyer, make sure he is with you at all meetings or have him call SCIC. I made the mistake of having the adjuster tell me there will be no problems , then after the fact I needed a lawyer , should have started day one when the cheque didn't come. SCIC will lie in front of their appointed peers at a review. It is one sided. Not in your favour.

Comment

I hear it all the time that scic are crooks. But have yet to hear why. 3 years of claims now and not one issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Freightshaker View Post
        I hear it all the time that scic are crooks. But have yet to hear why. 3 years of claims now and not one issue.
        I dont think its scic who are The crooks but it sounds like our prov govt likes to dip into scic funds to help themselves- hopefully they dont Suggest Private insurance is the way too go

Comment

Originally posted by Freightshaker View Post
          Same here , we have a very good relationship with them .
          claimed hailstorm in 20 , 1/3 of farm totalled ,1/3 10-40 % gone
          again in the drought of 21 , nothing but good
          hadn’t claimed any amount for 20 years prior
          dont need it now , but couldn’t sleep without the coverage

Comment

Rastafarian just seems to Drum the Lefty drum. Maybe they have a reason for not paying you like your trying to cheat the system?

Comment

Big area collecting not far south of here , haven’t talked to anyone not paid yet ? You must have extenuating circumstances?

Comment

Originally posted by BreadWinner View Post
                Rastafarian just seems to Drum the Lefty drum. Maybe they have a reason for not paying you like your trying to cheat the system?
                I worked for scic for 10 years covering the province doing hail and post harvest claims back when we Actually Climbed and measured bins. Even did Audits for awhile. I hope Scott comes and audits me. I will be Sure to move the ladder after he's at the top

Comment

A lot of lefties/NDP probably have trouble with audits now that SCIC uses honour system
                  just saying , “honour system” and “me first” would clash

Comment

Originally posted by rastafarian View Post

I worked for scic for 10 years covering the province doing hail and post harvest claims back when we Actually Climbed and measured bins. Even did Audits for awhile. I hope Scott comes and audits me. I will be Sure to move the ladder after he's at the top
                    He is busy right now axing your carbon tax on what you need to avoid freezing to death to be on par with true dopes friends
                    Last edited by Guest; Jan 3, 2024, 13:13.

Comment

No issues here. Claim assessed and paid here, including loss of grade.

If I put in a claim in Sept, I surely wouldn't wait until now without followup. Perhaps your claim wasn't entered properly or at all.

PS. Anyone saying take your lawyer with you is ridiculous.

Comment

Guys in drought area for 6 years have no coverage at all. Why arent our farm
                        groups taking to task about this??? High premiums in drought area paying for
                        big coverage in areas with rain????? Nothing like getting kicked in the balls by
                        your gov of sask and yet paying for areas that should be able to afford more
                        premium beyond stupid set up we re not automobiles and houses this is our
                        livelihood.
                        enjoy your posts Case but in your area and drought area is night and day to speak
                        about you can sleep with your high coverage and low premium could and would you
                        with high premium and no coverage?

Comment

How can high production areas subsidize low production areas sustainably long term?

Comment

Ha ha ha what a question to ask. If you re not concerned about sustaining farm families then you ask this question. If you are concerned then you ask how is it sustainable for a family farm through no fault of their own to subsidize those that dont need the subsidy???? The amounts that governments subsidize farms is so petty compared to oil and gas for one there should not even be a debate about having a universal dollar per
                            acre guarantee.

Is there an actual desire to keep farms going or not? Because the next 6 years could be reversed and those who have been in good weather could face foreclosure also? Is that a stable agriculture policy?

One would have to ask are govs more concerned about their friends that own land companies purchasing land or are they concerned about sustaining farms?

Comment

Sorry, thought the topic was crop insurance.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...