• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water, or lack of

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water, or lack of

Wow , is it dry in the swamp . That inch of rain turned to dry ice , grid roads dry and dusty . No snow left at all . Land looks terrible dry . Anyone worried about this dry cycle we are in ? Markets sure don’t appear to be ?

I drove from Yorkton to Saskatoon last Wed to check out a dozer on the RB sale and couldn't believe that there's just no snow anywhere there.

Comment

I agree the backyard view is quite concerning. I know that grain markets are global, but there doesn’t seem to be much of a risk premium built into 2024 grain prices.

We usually have something sold by Xmas for the following year and this year we have nothing.

Comment

5 months of winter left and monsoon season due. Be careful what you wish for.
        Last edited by makar; Dec 13, 2023, 19:28.

Comment

Slough bottoms not seen in 20 years tell me we're in a dry pattern. How deep and how long remains to be seen. Rain in June always critical.
          Looking too familiar.

Comment

Last quarter I bought 15 years ago I was chasing beavers across the field in a foot of water with a d6h lgp. Fun yes, want to do it again no.

Comment

I'm trying to remember what MacDon said we were in for. I believe it was 10 years of drought. He's looking prescient so far.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                I'm trying to remember what MacDon said we were in for. I believe it was 10 years of drought. He's looking prescient so far.
                Cycles I remember last 65 years are 5 to 7, mostly 5. I am bracing myself for the return of the monsoon cycle which equates to hell on earth.

Comment

Some close to me are on year 7 of disastrous drought. Monsoon would be manna from heaven

Comment

Friend in Stewart BC says no snow there which is odd for the coastal mountain city. Road graders here were pulling gravel off the shoulder onto the crown today. Dry fall and zero subsoil mosture in the vault. I would happily take movin snow if we could get a good dump.

Comment

4 years of drought is enough for me, bring on the wet years any day.

Comment

I smell grain prices goin higher. Bins are locked till the moisture situation improves. I dont think im alone. Local terminals look like ghost towns lately.

Comment

It is very brown down here also. It is a blessing as far as cow feeding goes , but runoff will be needed for the dugouts and the farmland. Mother nature always bats last!

FYI : Administration please change this website back to the format we had , as it is not that well thought out in my opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                            I smell grain prices goin higher. Bins are locked till the moisture situation improves. I dont think im alone. Local terminals look like ghost towns lately.
                            Same around here, looks like farmers smartened up

Comment

Stubble was full at one point, now just an inch or 2 left and bare spots showing up after the warm days and the rain. Not worried yet it’s a long time until May.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...