• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farm Shops

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finished job

Comment

You are getting well paid for your shop , nice !

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
        Never been to Uncle Wieners. Have to check that out.

My wife keeps asking me what I'm looking for in those kind of places.
        Uncle Weiners sells caskets.

Comment

And semi tires and steel buildings in a box

Comment

Curious, has anyone used Zaks from Hague area for a shop? Decent quote just wondering about quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodtime View Post
              Curious, has anyone used Zaks from Hague area for a shop? Decent quote just wondering about quality.
              Friend SW of here had a big shop done by Zaks
              turned out very well

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post

Friend SW of here had a big shop done by Zaks
                turned out very well
                I think it depends on the crew doing the work. They built a shop in the area that the OH door openings were so far off square that the OH door company refused to install them until the openings were squared up. 3inches of furring needed.

The project stalled and ended up in court. It was a quick win against Zak's.

That said I know of 3 other buildings that they built that people were happy with.

Comment

Same with Goodon , ours was really good , buts lots on here not happy
                  Mcmunn and Yates built second pole shed for us and they were excellent, added on 2 years later with them again , second crew were absolutely useless
                  Guy was spinning powertturns in field with a one ton . First crew had to come back and finish the job

Comment

Consider installing heated concrete floor, ours is more than 20 years old and no issues at all, very comfortable all winter long. This may be impractical in heavier soils.
                    Last edited by sumdumguy; Nov 28, 2023, 10:13.

Comment

Same this area, the crew makes or breaks satisfaction.

Comment

Oh man I keep hearing of different horror stories so it makes deciding on an outfit harder to do. Has anyone used RW and Sons from Balcarres?

Comment

Know of one shed went all perma columns, the posts sheared at the perma column joint. I had all my posts wrapped in blueskin water proof membrane 18inches above grade to the bottom of the post below grade. Make sure the rafters are lagged through the top of the posts, not just nailed. I would also pay extra to have the the gable ends sheeted with 3/4 tng plywood prior to tin. For under the ridge cap make sure they use flexovent, keeps the snow out but allows for venting, everything else blows out. Lots of crews like to forget the end wall vents. Make sure they put em in.
                          Last edited by biglentil; Nov 30, 2023, 09:51.

Comment

Heard of perma columns act like a hinge, needing straightening/ bracing, so we crossed that off. Put plywood on inside end walls like SF. We did soffits all around for venting. End wall vents a joke I feel. GRK screws at wall rafter. Another building with Parkland bi fold doors, out of square/ level, doors wouldn't open. All on the crew.
                            Last edited by fjlip; Dec 1, 2023, 10:59.

Comment

The sheer wall with 2 ply 3/4” plywood definitely stiffens the wall with a large door.

Mine is 80 x 152 x 20ft. With a 50ft bifold.

I went inside on a day with 80km winds. Not a sound. No creaking nothing.

My heated shop is a Goodon building that tells you as soon as the wind gets above 30km. Someday I would like to add on another bay or two on the side which would stiffen the original structure.

Just need a bumper crop or two.

Comment

Are you 80 wide with full span wooden trusses?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...