• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weather forecast, yikes!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
    Cheaper to just fire up the truck and grain auger and turn the grain on a cool day.
    Just not the most fun job.
    Cheaper to flick the switch on the fan, if your time is worth something and wear and tear on starting something when it’s cold enough to make a difference. Gladly spend $50 to cool my grain.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
      Running the fan over night usually cools it down pretty good. Maybe two nights. Ill take 20 bucks in electricity over the wear and tear of running augurs, pto's and trucks any day. Compared to the cost of producing the grain the air is peanuts.

Lets say Case runs his fan for a week to condition his 8000bus bin of Barley. Lets say its $150 in electricity, the barley in the bin is worth around $50k. A lifetime of electricity cost to run fans would likely not equal the value of one lost bin to heating. I would rather overdo running the fans to be safe, especially canola.
      I agree totally
      But some around here just let them run for days to dry grain , weather like this total waste of time
      My point was I cool them when it gets cold and monitor them lots
      Nothing over 23 right now

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...