• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday crop report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by farmboy44 View Post
    Wow. When I grow up hopefully I can be as tough and intimidating as you are. Me and the rest of the strangers on the internet are very impressed.
    It wasn’t meant to intimidate at all. I’m just saying not all people let people walk all over them in real life, and then become the tough guy on the internet. They act the same on either forum. I really don’t get what is so “intimidating” about pointing out that fact…

If you didn’t want anybody to respond to your comment, why put it on the internet? Or you are the be all and end all?
    Last edited by flea beetle; Jun 1, 2023, 22:12.

Comment

So how do you deal with absolute a..holes like that , call your mommy ?

Comment

Had lots of run ins with neighbors over water. About 10 yrs ago, one of them took his loader out and dammed the natural runoff to his property. I had to get the water agency involved to get that resolved. Wouldnt speak to us again after that. People are funny and yes many are you know what.

This season we had a number of BTOs leave their super Bs on the grid road for entire days. Several of them insist on working from the road and I dont mean the approach.

Comment

Originally posted by flea beetle View Post
          It wasn’t meant to intimidate at all. I’m just saying not all people let people walk all over them in real life, and then become the tough guy on the internet. They act the same on either forum. I really don’t get what is so “intimidating” about pointing out that fact…

If you didn’t want anybody to respond to your comment, why put it on the internet? Or you are the be all and end all?
          Picking your battles and taking the time of thinking them through before reacting to the situation will always get the best result regarding disputes with others.

Some battles even if won are not worth the effort. In the case of a farmer cutting ruts in your field to drain his own land, definitely worth the fight.

I doubt very much you'll get the result your hoping for by walking onto the private property (farmyard) of this person with a bat in your hand even if you have no intention of using it. There are many legal means to handle this.

He/she will turn this around on you so quickly as I'm sure you're not the first neighbor/person they've shit on or disrespected personal property.

Besides who's to say their not ready or counting on a bat in hand approach to turn this around on the original victim

Everybody owns a cell phone now adays.
          Last edited by foragefarmer; Jun 2, 2023, 07:13.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
            Picking your battles and taking the time of thinking them through before reacting to the situation will always get the best result regarding disputes with others.

Some battles even if won are not worth the effort. In the case of a farmer cutting ruts in your field to drain his own land, definitely worth the fight.

I doubt very much you'll get the result your hoping for by walking onto the private property (farmyard) of this person with a bat in your hand even if you have no intention of using it. There are many legal means to handle this.

He/she will turn this around on you so quickly as I'm sure you're not the first neighbor/person they've shit on or disrespected personal property.

Besides who's to say their not ready or counting on a bat in hand approach to turn this around on the original victim

Everybody owns a cell phone now adays.
            It’s worked the one time I had to use it…maybe next time it won’t. Who knows.

Generally they know they did wrong. They just won’t admit it to your face.

And I’m not saying every time someone wrongs you, to pull out a bat. I am also not saying that it is the absolute only way to handle these things. Or the right way even.

Going to those means is reserved for the guy that shits on everyone and doesn’t respond to asking nicely a few times.

Are there legal means? Yes. But I’m not going to waste my time and money to get a judgment that he may or may not adhere to.
            Last edited by flea beetle; Jun 2, 2023, 08:39.

Comment

Words of advice, u go looking for trouble, you’re gonna find it.

Sometimes its just easier to say ur wrong than to keep digging the hole deeper with ur bat……

Comment

So bringing a shotgun might be a bad idea?
                Strapped would be my go to.

Comment

Originally posted by TSIPP View Post
                  So bringing a shotgun might be a bad idea?
                  Strapped would be my go to.
                  Hey I never said anybody had to bring anything. I said what I would do. You do what is best for you. If a lawyer or the police is your speed, then go with that.

I’m not in jail, nor do I have a criminal record. So do you really think he was threatened with it. It was there, but you aren’t allowed to say you are going to use it…and the message got across.

And my problems stopped…so I call that a win. After countless times asking nicely that didn’t sink in.
                  Last edited by flea beetle; Jun 2, 2023, 11:54.

Comment

Let me ask you guys this? Why is one side allowed to push the boundaries of the law, but not the other?

Comment

When I say strapped, I mean a holster and minimal a six shooter, baseball batts are for games.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...