• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday crop report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
    We tried something different this year, we seeded the 2 outside rounds with Buteo on most of our fields and the rest with Helix/Lumiderm. Maybe the Helix will be a better replacement for Prosper, only time will tell. This is one of the few years that growing conditions for canola haven’t been affected by frost, low temperatures or dry conditions, let’s keep our fingers crossed.
    Did the same on a half

Comment

Started weed control in the wheat yesterday

First shot RR canola done on what was ready
      Liberty next with the big pull type

Comment

Some farmers are assholes!
        Came off his field on to my emerging canola in attempt to get rid of his water.
        I am not against drainage but for god sakes do it in the fall!
        Be proactive not reactive.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
          Wow , that’s brutal

Comment

what a *** dink !

Comment

A farm visit with a baseball bat in hand would be in order if someone did that around here.

Comment

What this farmer did was definitely wrong and totally disrespectful, but why bring a bat in hand when making the farm visit to him/her.

Could end up being a life altering event.

Comment

I didn’t say to use it…

People like that don’t usually respond to asking nicely.

It’s like the spraybours thread. They don’t stop spraying in the wind until you let them know that the wind blows both ways. And even then, that doesn’t stop a certain percentage of people from keeping on. The local Hutterites being one of the worst offenders.
                  Last edited by flea beetle; Jun 1, 2023, 07:28.

Comment

This will end with the same excuses that the spray in the wind some guys use.
                    This won’t cost any yield.
                    I just have the ruts and v ditch to spray over and harvest over.
                    He wasn’t able to drain much water or help his cause at all.
                    It was just rude and not the first time I have had issues with this guy.

Comment

Case in point, I’m sure you have asked him nicely a few times already to not do things that affect you. But being nice doesn’t sink in for some self centred people.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                        What this farmer did was definitely wrong and totally disrespectful, but why bring a bat in hand when making the farm visit to him/her.

Could end up being a life altering event.
                        You may be shocked to hear this, but people also tend to act tougher and talk a lot more smack behind the comforts of a keyboard as opposed to real life.

Comment

Originally posted by farmboy44 View Post
                          You may be shocked to hear this, but people also tend to act tougher and talk a lot more smack behind the comforts of a keyboard as opposed to real life.
                          Yes some tend to…and some don’t…

Comment

Originally posted by flea beetle View Post
                            Yes some tend to…and some don’t…
                            Wow. When I grow up hopefully I can be as tough and intimidating as you are. Me and the rest of the strangers on the internet are very impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by farmboy44 View Post
                              I would have never guessed that. Think I’m kind of the opposite. I go out of my way to be less bellicose here than in real life.

Comment

Call his insurance company

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...