• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Banking failure

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just in . . . Scotiabank cutting 3% of global workforce. Lenders battling asset deflation.

Comment

I forget where I heard it: Twitter, maybe Errol, maybe both.

Some lenders are exiting car loans with the rising defaults.

US Regional Banks look horribleClick image for larger version

Name:	KRE_2023-10-18_11-32-03.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	775729

Comment

Canadian Banks look horrible, below the 200- week Moving Average.

How large of a dividend do you require to counter share price destruction?

Click image for larger version

Name:	RY_2023-10-18_11-35-35.jpg
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	775730

Name:	BMO_2023-10-18_11-36-38.jpg
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	775731

Name:	CM_2023-10-18_11-37-15.jpg
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	775732

Name:	ZEB_2023-10-18_11-37-46.jpg
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	775733

TD is hanging in there.

Name:	TD_2023-10-18_11-38-51.jpg
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	775734

Comment

Before even the 1st rate hike I stated the plan was to bankrupt the many. Since then we have seen the fastest rate hikes in history, stubborn price inflation and snowballing taxes. The surest way to communism....

Comment

This is just the ‘warm-up act’ for the out-of-control debt crisis fueled by central bank rate hikes.

Deflation is snake venom to the banking industry.

This may be an asset / equity crash for-the-ages. Bankers may have the luxury of the taxpayer cleaning-up the financial carnage . . . .

Comment

Fantastic podcast by Edward Griffin author of 'The Creature of Jekyll Island'. Most do not have a clue about the history of the Federal Reserve , the private interests that control the money supply and their plans for us. Even fewer know what we can do about it as individuals. Edward lays it all out in perhaps the most valuable 45min podcast ive ever stumbled across.

Last edited by biglentil; Oct 18, 2023, 22:55.

Comment

Central bankers have seriously broken something in credit markets. Economy now heading down like the Titanic (IMO). Personally, don't understand their inflation battle when the debt crisis is a much bigger foe. They are simply adding more fuel to the credit market fire.

Have bankers not looked at the deflating commodity market? Yield curves are screaming recession. Auto loan delinquency is now soaring. Mortgage demand failing.

Good thing I'm not in charge, a lot of central bankers would be looking for a new job.

Comment

Maklem should have been fired long ago.

He is supposed to have a vision for the economy. He said less than 2 years ago when being questioned by Poilievre that higher interest rates were hypothetical .

He is going to responsible for many people losing their houses and shitcanning the Canadian economy.

FFS went to get a 4 litre jug of milk yesterday and was $9.50 locally. A couple years ago would have been $6.

Absolute incompetence and hurting hard working people.

Then you have idiot politicians blabber a response to a question using Canada's AAA credit rating as the excuse. Just phuck off , I can't go to my lender and say something that stupid when he asks me a question.
                  Last edited by bucket; Oct 24, 2023, 09:16.

Comment

$115000+tax+pdi+++ for a new 3/4 diesel pickup. Recent study showed that since 2020 the purchasing power of the dollar has decreased by 27%. Errol you've been calling for deflation for as long as I can recall.
                    Last edited by biglentil; Oct 24, 2023, 09:47.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                      $115000+tax+pdi+++ for a new 3/4 diesel pickup. Recent study showed that since 2020 the purchasing power of the dollar has decreased by 27%. Errol you've been calling for deflation for as long as I can recall.
                      To find deflation one has to look at the wheat, barley, oat, canola and pea markets. I have a truck load of canola that has been sitting for a month looking for a rally. The market has to rise $0.50 per bushel to equal what I got for the loads I sold spot a month ago. For the record, I bought a new Ram half ton crew 4 x 4 in June 2023 for $54500 all in including tax. One does not have to spend $100K on a truck, there are lower cost choices out there.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                        To find deflation one has to look at the wheat, barley, oat, canola and pea markets. I have a truck load of canola that has been sitting for a month looking for a rally. The market has to rise $0.50 per bushel to equal what I got for the loads I sold spot a month ago. For the record, I bought a new Ram half ton crew 4 x 4 in June 2023 for $54500 all in including tax. One does not have to spend $100K on a truck, there are lower cost choices out there.
                        The auto industry is in big trouble. Unions have made their own mess. The word bailouts will again be heard. And discounts galore. Cash is king . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
                          The auto industry is in big trouble. Unions have made their own mess. The word bailouts will again be heard. And discounts galore. Cash is king . . . .
                          Interesting radio ad for a Dodge dealer I heard yesterday talking about 13500 cash discounts been a while since cash was worth something to the dealer's

Comment

Far from 1980, yet...
                            Patching my daily driver for one more year all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarms View Post
                              Interesting radio ad for a Dodge dealer I heard yesterday talking about 13500 cash discounts been a while since cash was worth something to the dealer's
                              Banks shying away from vehicle loans, some getting out of the business all together. Consumer loan risk too high, too costly . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
                                Banks shying away from vehicle loans, some getting out of the business all together. Consumer loan risk too high, too costly . . . .
                                More vehicles for me, hmmm, I’ll see.

old established realtor says he hasn’t sold a house in Regina in six months.
                                Last edited by sumdumguy; Oct 24, 2023, 19:56. Reason: Adding Comment

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...