• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Banking failure

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes to make Sleepy Joe look awake and Dumbocrats to look good managers...

Comment

Wow, how did I miss this piece a few months ago.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cma.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	775481

Comment

The banks would rather put you into a 99 year mortgage, than take possession of your home.(along with 100's of thousands of other's homes)

It's like renting your house for a lifetime, if it happens to increase in value, you might end up OK, if the price goes down,,, you're SOL.

Comment

Those would be fixed payment, variable rate mortgages...

Best part is, when they come up for renewal, they'll reset to a max 25yr term. Means guys "making their payment" right now will have to significantly increase their monthly payments when it renews. Can they afford it? Is their house now "under water"? Does the bank require extra collateral or a cash infusion to bring their % liability back into line if the home is worth less than the principal outstanding? Exciting times...

Comment

House prices have gone nuts in Saskatoon
            No slowdown yet

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
              House prices have gone nuts in Saskatoon
              No slowdown yet
              Agree , I see near zero “deflation” in day to day life
              I am leaning way more to the devaluation of our currency to Passos than anything , well and insane pure gouging now

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
                The banks would rather put you into a 99 year mortgage, than take possession of your home.(along with 100's of thousands of other's homes)

It's like renting your house for a lifetime, if it happens to increase in value, you might end up OK, if the price goes down,,, you're SOL.
                And we know how renters like to spend money on houses they are ( renting ? ) to keep them in good shape.

Comment

Chopper bearings for 1688 close to $1200. So I don’t think we as farmers are benefitting from all this rampant deflation.

Comment

Originally posted by redleaf View Post
                    Chopper bearings for 1688 close to $1200. So I don’t think we as farmers are benefitting from all this rampant deflation.
                    Not sure who is your local CNH, but when I login to mine, I'm showing $313.69 per side for kit #B95346. Comes with bearing, rubber ring, collar, bearing flange, lock collar, and 4 new nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                      Not sure who is your local CNH, but when I login to mine, I'm showing $313.69 per side for kit #B95346. Comes with bearing, rubber ring, collar, bearing flange, lock collar, and 4 new nuts.
                      Hmmmm interesting. Where is your dealer. I would like to check that out. I a bit hesitant to say where I picked up my parts because other than price difference on this item I have been pleased with their service.
                      I guess I should do a little more shopping around.

Comment

Originally posted by redleaf View Post
                        As in the 1980's: the rampant deflation is seen in the outputs side not the inputs side. Don't be caught by surprise this time. I sold oats for 4.60/bu after storing them for 11 months so I can use the bin again this fall. Bids were up to $10 in Apr 22. There is where the deflation is.

Comment

Rumblings that a bank run starting in China. Customers battling to get their cash out. Asia bank defaults heard as a result of failure of China’s two (2) largest real estate developers.

Oil / gold storms up this week on Gaza, now China financial fallout worsens. Volatility ahead . . . .

Comment

Deflation is now the banking system’s worst fear. This is happening in China right now. Banks are being encouraged to cut mortgages immediately. But the money flow out of China is now staggering.

To me, China now may be our world soon if central bankers keep raising rates adding fuel and exploding the debt crisis without-abandon.

Deflation is the elephant-in-the-room that financial media won’t address. To me, it’s now difficult not to notice price declines almost everywhere across asset sectors, including food costs. China’s deflation is now hitting base commodity prices hard. This is now being felt across the ag sector.

This economic cycle could actually reverse polarity where central banks may be battling severe price drops while battling for the integrity of the banking system.

Errol’s Commodity Wire, Calgary

Comment

Evergrande rumours of bankruptcy. Bank runs in China. Chinese arresting anyone posting pictures of lines at banks.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20231015_214552.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	775717

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...