• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ritchie Bros ... buggers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely are not unreserved, despite the claim, I know lots of business owners that sent equipment to RB that were guaranteed the minimum values they wanted/needed.

Comment

Checked RB Regina results decent average machinery and trucks seem considerably more reasonable than past three years ??

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
        Checked RB Regina results decent average machinery and trucks seem considerably more reasonable than past three years ??
        Perhaps but a 1982 Chevy 3-ton (nice shape, low miles) brought $26,000. Some of the New Holland combines seemed to go fairly cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
          Definitely are not unreserved, despite the claim, I know lots of business owners that sent equipment to RB that were guaranteed the minimum values they wanted/needed.
          That does not mean its not unreserved to the bidder. RB has come short on some quarentees. Doesn't mean they dont recycle it.

Comment

Ah that’s certainly possible for sure

Comment

Well at least we know they spend some of their commission to run ads on Agriville.
              Last edited by foragefarmer; Mar 27, 2024, 07:14.

Comment

When I look thru there glossy mags at all that shinny steel I feel like when I was a kid looking thru the sears catalog at Christmas. Does anybody know what % of farms go for the guarantee assessment of steel or land before sale day ?

Comment

So today i am bidding on an item that myself and one other bidder are going back and forth on.An hour before closing he quites bidding. With less than 5 minutes left 9 differant bidders came on to bid me up all only bidding once. Seemed a bit odd to me,I did not end up buying the item, phoned a dealer and will have one in my yard in four days for the same price. However some of the combines and large air drills did sell very reasonable.

Comment

RB Bonanza AB auction

2022 Claas 6800 with 87 sep hrs and 134 hrs for 495k today. I’m thinking the lower grain prices are starting to hit home.

Comment

Originally posted by jdg364 View Post
                      RB Bonanza AB auction

2022 Claas 6800 with 87 sep hrs and 134 hrs for 495k today. I’m thinking the lower grain prices are starting to hit home.
                      Third sale I less than ten years, more to this story.

Comment

Originally posted by fcr View Post
                        So today i am bidding on an item that myself and one other bidder are going back and forth on.An hour before closing he quites bidding. With less than 5 minutes left 9 differant bidders came on to bid me up all only bidding once. Seemed a bit odd to me,I did not end up buying the item, phoned a dealer and will have one in my yard in four days for the same price. However some of the combines and large air drills did sell very reasonable.
                        Exactly. 2 minute bidding extension with new bidders. Retail established.
                        Call dealer after the auction. New world.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post

Exactly. 2 minute bidding extension with new bidders. Retail established.
                          Call dealer after the auction. New world.
                          Didn't 1/2 the bidders call the dealer beforehand to get a quote.

Comment

Is there really any point bidding until a couple minutes before closing?

That's when the action happens.

Comment

Only the last bid means anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post

Didn't 1/2 the bidders call the dealer beforehand to get a quote.
                                Point being I've been buying from dealer after the auction anyway.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...