• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
    Crazy how those who work like crazy have to pay for our kids to go to university eh ?
    No freebies with most anyones kids or grandchildren here
    If you arent a doctor or lawyer coming out of University, you will be chasing the dream forever. You will become a work a day slave to the system shelling out 35% of your earnings forever with the hopes you make it to a retirement plan.

Comment

"with the hopes you make it to a retirement plan."

And when you retire you don't get caught in a "Moron Factor" with your lifetime retirement savings melting away due to inflation.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
        Crazy how those who work like crazy have to pay for our kids to go to university eh ?
        No freebies with most anyones kids or grandchildren here
        You are somewhat correct Furrow, but the Feds heavily subsidize post-secondary education in Canada.

But in a round about way you and I pay our fair share of taxes so our children's tuition is subsidized using our tax dollars. .

My thoughts are that I will continue to keep doing at what I'm doing so my children and grandchildren have a good life.

My grandparents and parents did it for me.

No use wasting my energy thinking about the non-contributors around me.

Comment

Originally posted by fcr View Post
          Whats crazy is us working eighteen hour days , up to our elbows in grease and grime, so that a good portion of the population can sit on their ass and collect welfare.I have a nephew who says he works for trudeau,sits at home and collects 2000/mo.I have nothing but respect for the newcomers to our country who go to work everyday with a smile and are damn happy to have a job and live in a free country.Guess im getting bitter in my old age as i head out at 630 in the morning to change bearings on the old disc.Terrible job but needs to be done.At least if nothing else i have taught my kids when there is work to be done you just do it without question.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
            No use wasting my energy thinking about the non-contributors around me.
            That sounds like an excellent strategy for managing your own stress level. But I guarantee you that the non-contributors spend a lot of their time thinking about the contributors, and how to drag us down to their level.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...