• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started at 10.4, 8.5by 10pm...99SC

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6190.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	773835

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
      kept lots of canola at 10.5
      cables and fans work good if you check them and run them
      10 years ago 10.5 was dry
      calendar will switch to Oct real soon
      There is plenty of dry canola in elevators to blend off 10 to 12 moisture, if they wanted to.

It would actually help them if they made the call for some tough canola. A few years ago one elevator company made that available without penalty.

They were probably short , needed product and had enough dry to blend to make the train.
      Last edited by bucket; Sep 25, 2022, 08:51.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
        There is plenty of dry canola in elevators to blend off 10 to 12 moisture, if they wanted to.
        My terminal is decent enough but they wont take anything toughish without a load of dry from the same producer.

They will not blend with another producer for some reason.

I had some 10.4 a few yrs ago and they had to be arm twisted to take it.

Comment

Life on the edge of the desert 🏜 does have a few advantages. Finished oats in potholes yesterday, nice to get decent production from good land that at times is underwater.
          Did about 60 ac total
          Ran as high as 180-190 , all dry
          Some green patch’s in centres , had to be careful not to plug discharge even just dropping straw
          Lots of volume with 45 ft .

Great way to keep low areas clean and help draw down moisture.
          Will probably rip these low areas with a 6 row ripper to help moisture penetrate the clay . All this low areas have about 8 feet of clay below them so water just sits there for long time in spring into summer .
          Last edited by furrowtickler; Sep 25, 2022, 09:30.

Comment

That's a nice oat yield Furrow, good for you!

Comment

If you have tough canola and you want to store it with less grief- even without aeration- combine it when the daytime temperature is lower. This time of year it gets down to 5 quite often and more nights are coming that will be below 0.
              That’s worked wonders for us over the years.
              It’s works even better if your a night owl and just switch to the night shift for combining canola.

This was swathed canola I realize straight might not work as well because the overnight dews tend to shut you down sooner than on a swath.

One year started out great with dry everything and had binned some dry canola. Then the harvest from hell started and everything after that was extremely tough. That year I put canola harvested on a cold night into a bin without air at 13 moisture. It got down to -8 that night. That canola kept till March when I blended it off with the over dry stuff

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                That's a nice oat yield Furrow, good for you!
                Great for this area , lots of guys get this yearly on their normal fields . But ya stayed nice and clean , added just 4 gal / ac Alpine and some starter fert . Sprayed for broadleaves. Turned out ok
                Last edited by furrowtickler; Sep 25, 2022, 19:31.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post

Life on the edge of the desert 🏜 does have a few advantages. Finished oats in potholes yesterday, nice to get decent production from good land that at times is underwater.
                  Did about 60 ac total
                  Ran as high as 180-190 , all dry
                  Some green patch’s in centres , had to be careful not to plug discharge even just dropping straw
                  Lots of volume with 45 ft .

Great way to keep low areas clean and help draw down moisture.
                  Will probably rip these low areas with a 6 row ripper to help moisture penetrate the clay . All this low areas have about 8 feet of clay below them so water just sits there for long time in spring into summer .
                  those oat proceeds should go directly into holiday acct !

Comment

Jazz i am sure they blend with other producers . They just want the 3% of 17 $
                    For themselves.
                    There were tonnes and tonnes of 4.5 to 6.5 canola around here.
                    On top of à wide basis

Comment

Exactly what it will do
                      *** Trudeau

Comment

Is that where your alfalfa proceeds are going, or are the grandchildren going to get spoiled by the grandparents?

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                          Is that where your alfalfa proceeds are going, or are the grandchildren going to get spoiled by the grandparents?
                          yes grandkids lol
                          2 are in university , feels good to help them , they work and study hard !
                          can't imagine being in school and having to shell out $150 to fill with gas

Comment

Bunge has had a moisture blending program for decades… Viterra did the same as did Cargill for us…

Not just on Canola either…

What goes around comes around…

Cheers

Comment

yes grandkids lol
                              2 are in university , feels good to help them , they work and study hard !
                              can't imagine being in school and having to shell out $150 to fill with gas
                              Crazy how those who work like crazy have to pay for our kids to go to university eh ?
                              No freebies with most anyones kids or grandchildren here

Comment

Whats crazy is us working eighteen hour days , up to our elbows in grease and grime, so that a good portion of the population can sit on their ass and collect welfare.I have a nephew who says he works for trudeau,sits at home and collects 2000/mo.I have nothing but respect for the newcomers to our country who go to work everyday with a smile and are damn happy to have a job and live in a free country.Guess im getting bitter in my old age as i head out at 630 in the morning to change bearings on the old disc.Terrible job but needs to be done.At least if nothing else i have taught my kids when there is work to be done you just do it without question.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...