• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crop Share vs Cash Rent

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wiseguy
    Cash rent landlords don't care what you spend on inputs or Iron
    You’re way wrong there wiseguy
    Lots do care and realize it’s a two way street
    The greedy fellas will be left holding the bag when the renter is bled dry
    If I was a renter , and probably soon will be , certainly won’t be shooting for the pie in the sky
    Gotta work both ways
    Lucky to be renting from some fair understanding folks
    If that changes much just won’t be a renter anymore , quite simple really
    You sound like you’re old enough to remember the eighties ??

Comment

All these crop share renters in sure crop country are like we only pay $150/acre too…..twice a year…..

Comment

My son bid on some ground but no luck, there was 10 different bidders. Now the guy says his phone is ringing off the wall trying to buy his steel older stuff but in good condition. For guys wanting to retire or exit the biz this has to be one of the best times.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
          My son bid on some ground but no luck, there was 10 different bidders. Now the guy says his phone is ringing off the wall trying to buy his steel older stuff but in good condition. For guys wanting to retire or exit the biz this has to be one of the best times.
          I am waiting for the $45 canola first.

Comment

The more I debate in my own mind where this farming game is going the more I think of the exit program. There are a lot hungry poker players out there, maybe it’s time to see how many chips they have. I don’t need $4000 ac to live the rest of my life. I have always been low maintenance.

I don’t handle stress real good and have some mental health issues, so often think there are better options then continuing this game. It seems like every day you argue and fight with someone about price, shortages, etc. Personally, I’m exhausted of doing this.

Rules and regulations are coming, not sure if I want to be a part of all the BS. It’s been a good life, but not the life it once was.

Comment

Originally posted by BTO780 View Post
              The more I debate in my own mind where this farming game is going the more I think of the exit program. There are a lot hungry poker players out there, maybe it’s time to see how many chips they have. I don’t need $4000 ac to live the rest of my life. I have always been low maintenance.

I don’t handle stress real good and have some mental health issues, so often think there are better options then continuing this game. It seems like every day you argue and fight with someone about price, shortages, etc. Personally, I’m exhausted of doing this.

Rules and regulations are coming, not sure if I want to be a part of all the BS. It’s been a good life, but not the life it once was.
              Focus on your health, that's far more important to you and your family!

Renting is always an option!

Comment

Check your inbox…

Comment

If I wasnt looking at 3 little faces every day who will be paying for this enormous fck up by our govt, we would have exited long ago.

Comment

More rules coming.
                    Vittera paying a 65 cent premium if you can prove certified seed was used.
                    Purity issues.
                    Farmers are their own worst enemy sometimes..

Comment

"I don’t handle stress real good and have some mental health issues, so often think there are better options then continuing this game."

So all would agree IT'S COMPLICATED, busy, stressful, risky, so why do so many, MOST, need want more and more of the same? Slow down, reduce acres, if you want to play at all. Just a few acres, most gross $$ in my career. Good to have seen that. Quitting is a phone call for every one of us. Try for happy, calm, lower stress. Enjoy the last few years we have.

Comment

Interesting how the thread flipped to stress acknowledgment and career change.
                        I would be in a very different position if I didn't have the people around me that I do.

Comment

Watching the land south of Camrose on auction now. Trouble is that other than farming your own land there is nothing else. Used to be that the young lads would go to the oil patch for a few years to build equity. Now all they do is advertise land wanted on kijiji as soon as they are done school. This is wise as the turdholes buyback tax will strip remaining equity out of the oil patch which is what it is designed to do. Same for women as well. I farm and do real work off farm. I can tell you that I will quit the off farm job. Yes many young lads and lassies do agronomy work but the real game there is that your connection to a 10000+ acre operation is easy sales for your employer. So yes there is nothing else. The big question what you do with a 10000 acres garden once the export grain business is dead due to the customers all being broke. Personally have deferred sales and inventory to sell as the margins tighten up because these margins ain't gunna last.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                            More rules coming.
                            Vittera paying a 65 cent premium if you can prove certified seed was used.
                            Purity issues.
                            Farmers are their own worst enemy sometimes..
                            which crops?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                              which crops?
                              Synergy bly
                              Guess I should have stated that.
                              Last edited by Partners; Nov 8, 2022, 12:57.

Comment

The aforementioned auction.
                                $52-6200/ac if my math right.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...