• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crop Share vs Cash Rent

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
    I agree.
    I've had a landlord renege on a contract. Using emotions as a deciding factor I never pursued it.
    I have never sought action for a business matter.
    I have always followed this advise.
    When did you start?
    It is astounding what landlords can do…. Legal action is unbelievably expensive to defend against…

Truth is sacrificed for greed… and lawyers have become high priced players in a game of chicken…

How much money can be extradited from the farm families balance sheet…

Defending against greedy aggression is not optional… very expensive… and only preserves capital… as farming operations has been a low return enterprise… land ownership has been the principal reward for farmers.

Our history has been a high percentage of farming land with landlords…

A very humbling experience… to farm with integrity… and get hit with a 2x4 over the head anyway.

Cheers, the Blessings are much greater than the heartache… if our purpose is to serve humanity with good nutrition and build our farm families and community.

No better reason than this to get up in the morning!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
      Hand him your fertilizer bill and you should be able to head that off.
      You're probably right.
      My neighbor did exactly that. He must be close to 90. One of his boys who is close to retiring from his oil field job decided they should be grain farmers. At the end of the season, the father handed the son the fertilizer bill for the grain acres. He went back to his oil field job and this was a few years ago with much cheaper fertilizer. Had no idea that fertilizer would cost that much.

Comment

Appreciation of farm land… has been the reward for farming for ever.

If we can live and break even… the reward of watching the miracle of life each year… as our little ones grow…year by year…this is a wonderful testament to our lives!

Blessings and Salutations

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post

If we can live and break even… the reward of watching the miracle of life each year… as our little ones grow…year by year…this is a wonderful testament to our lives!

No offence Tom.. but I’m not growing all these gray hairs to break even at the end of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by jdg364 View Post
            No offence Tom.. but I’m not growing all these gray hairs to break even at the end of the day.
            Seems like you missed the point…

Our Heritage is in our family and community…

When we are done… gone… return to the earth we created from….

Our living testimony that continues: is in the integrity and compassion we shared with our families, community… and the folks we helped through the rough times….

Sharing and giving… the simple caring contributions shine the brightest…

Taking of wealth , big bank accounts…and decadent luxurious holidays… don’t build prosperity or charitable character.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post

FIL told me to sell when land was 40000 said no money in it, told him i have no money but making my payments and fuel and beer, fast forward 30 years still cash poor but worth 3-4 million, FIL now regrets selling his farm, there is a reason Ukrainians dont listen to the polish.

Comment

Originally posted by zeefarmer View Post
                Only one quarter, but there was a land sale in SW Sask at $4750/ac...
                Didn't sell for $4750, sold for a little over $4,900 per acre.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...