• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crop Share vs Cash Rent

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe it is time to pull the pin head to Florida and join SKF for one of his Friday cocktails.
    So much BS in this industry.
    Why not start enjoying some life and enjoy what we have worked for, before the Turd takes it all.
    There are a lot of golf courses to check out.

Comment

Originally posted by BTO780 View Post
      Maybe it is time to pull the pin head to Florida and join SKF for one of his Friday cocktails.
      Why not start enjoying some life and enjoy what we have worked for, before the Turd takes it all.
      Would be a plan but number 1 son is threatening to farm.

Comment

My number two son started farming full time last year.Not a great year to start,he has a year round part time job to help out his income. I too at times think about pulling the pin and cashing out, but i am 62 and reallly think not working would be not good for my health. I see farmers who have sold out early , and yes they have some nice toys but they just dont seem real happy.My brother is one of these, sits at home , drives around , nothing to occupy his mind.

Comment

One needs a reason to get up in the morning
          But maybe less (acres) stress would be nice

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
            Would be a plan but number 1 son is threatening to farm.
            Hand him your fertilizer bill and you should be able to head that off.

Comment

Originally posted by BTO780 View Post
              It’s coming , and it’s right in Canada’s 2030 framework …

Comment

Within that you find this little nugget on private land ownership…..

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
                  Timing is everything...

Bad tempered landlords... can become very expensive legal bills...

Better a little with peace and quiet... than much with contention and strife...

Making a mountain out of a molehill...reveals secret weakness better forgotten...

Better eating humble pie with friends... than boasting to an empty table...
                  I agree.
                  I've had a landlord renege on a contract. Using emotions as a deciding factor I never pursued it.
                  I have never sought action for a business matter.
                  I have always followed this advise.
                  When did you start?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                    I suppose I could always move the SHE into my house for a reason. But then again, hard no.

Comment

There are a lot of things different between now and 1981. And not in a positive way.

I’ll get into it later if I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                        I suppose I could always move the SHE into my house for a reason. But then again, hard no.
                        Why worry about moving a "housekeeper" in?

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                          There are a lot of things different between now and 1981. And not in a positive way.

I’ll get into it later if I remember.
                          Yes interest rates over 20% inputs were tiny compared to now.
                          Wht was $8.50 a bushel..
                          Just to name a few.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                            A 7:00 tee off would be a good enough reason for me to get up.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                              Within that you find this little nugget on private land ownership…..
                              That home quarter needs to be a fortress. Trudeau is going to have to change the Dominion Lands Act to get it. Good luck with that. Thats a founding document of the country.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                                That home quarter needs to be a fortress. Trudeau is going to have to change the Dominion Lands Act to get it. Good luck with that. Thats a founding document of the country.
                                I certainly hope your right

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...