• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who contracted new crop?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesb View Post
    As per normal we presell a few bu per acre for movement off the combine. In my parts it can be hard to find delivery spots for cash flow in the fall at times as most trains will be full of presold production. After last year we sold less canola than normal but bought way more put options than normal. They are way in the money at this point. I have to figure out a plan that if I sell the option and take profits I should be ready to price the physical canola to offset it. I doubt prices will get back to this past years highs but as of this week there is no sure crop in a lot of the US and Canada. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see a price rebound of some measure. There is no building of stocks in the world IMO this year. There are lot of places in the US that the crop is quite uncertain. Take a look at the most recent US drought map.
    Crop Development map;

Comment

Shows the definite division north of the north Sask river in our area .
      I think very accurate map to what’s going on ground level in areas I have been
      The brown areas will expand a lot the next 10 days with just spotty rains forecast

Comment

BTW
        Just bought our fuel for fall, has dropped close to 50 cents per litre in past 2 weeks. Took my oil call off.

Blessings and Salutations

Comment

Originally posted by GALAXIE500 View Post
          My opinion , but around here nothing is priced until it is in the bin. Living in a dry more often than wet area will do that. I know there are acts of God clauses and all that , but I just prefer to wait until after harvest.

Sure hoping I have something in my bins other than hot air this year!
          Same here for the opposite reason drowned out way too often to gamble on Mother Nature. In the end last year it made us money, this year it will cost us.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            Shows the definite division north of the north Sask river in our area .
            I think very accurate map to what’s going on ground level in areas I have been
            The brown areas will expand a lot the next 10 days with just spotty rains forecast
            The brown areas will go blue because the growth has been so slow this year. That was from July 2. Ne and ec region was barely filling in the rows. But the last couple weeks, things are lush and green. So I would argue the browns will turn blue and the blues will turn brown.

Now, to get this crop to the bin frost free is a major issue.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...