• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many guys can't get their liberty??

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
    No bull

and you never spoke for them in the winter??

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
      So do you think it’s right that they took the money for all of it in February then only gave 40% of it ????!
      Yikes, don’t hurt yourself with that stretch. I never suggested anything near that. I rather was giving my view on the way to handle this situation. What an odd way to reframe my comment.

Absolutely stand up for yourself but there are ways to do it that might be better for your long term business relationship. Or tell them to F off, whatever you think is best

Comment

So do you think it’s right that they took the money for all of it in February then only gave 40% of it ????!
        Agree , what happened last fall when farmers could only deliver 40% of their contracts??
        Yup they still had to pony up ….

Comment

Does anyone have an idea of how to handle this issue? We see there is a problem but no advice yet.

Comment

and you never spoke for them in the winter??
            Did talk to my retailer about my cropping plans and acres of each crop in the winter time, prices were never discussed. We discuss our cropping plans every year, so no different than previous years.

I do buy all my chemicals and fertilizer exclusively from my retailer for the last 10 years if that makes a difference.
            Last edited by Sodbuster; Jun 19, 2022, 08:32.

Comment

No bull

Im sorry you paid WHAT?? For your canola seed? Man where is this retail you got hosed!

Comment

Some battles you win, some you lose.

Comment

Some battles you win, some you lose.
                  Nobody is going to get this crop in the bin without taking at least a partial fcking.

Lets just hope there isnt a rug pull in the commodities space come October.

Comment

Not sure where most get their info from but this isn’t a retail thing. It’s a BASF thing. This is what happens when u got a bunch of Townies running a company and won’t listen to the guys that actually communicate with retailers and farmers. We were told that there would be a shortage back in January which is why I mentioned to make sure u take your liberty when u get your seed a few months ago. This problem is mostly country wide with every retailer. We were suppose to have 2 semi loads delivered at the beginning of June and got 20 barrels. U all know how far that goes when u have a wack of customers. U can’t honestly believe that the retailers wouldn’t take the product so they could sell it and keep their customers happy. This comes down to piss poor management at the highest levels of the product manufacturer.
                    I’m on both sides of this fence and I don’t like it from either side. My farm needs this product and so do our customers and if u think it’s just retailers trying to make more money u obviously don’t know the margins u get squeezed down to on products like this. These don’t leave a lot left on the table for seed and chemical. She’s all a volume game. Another’s thing. What do think happens when these big companies see 25 dollar canola. The Townies say soakem for all u can get regardless. Who cares how the retailer has to explain the 40% increase. Shut up and pay the bill

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...