• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many guys can't get their liberty??

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many guys can't get their liberty??

paid in winter , gave us enough for 1 pass at 1.35, liter, who does that anymore??
    so lets get this straight , seed was from the major , liberty was from the major . paid for enough for 1 pass at 1.62, and second pass at 1.35. money was taken in winter. this got me to thinking , ok. , grain co sold it to us and now cannot supply . so how is this any different than not being able to fulfill a grain contract ? we know what happens to farmer in this case . anyways generic stuff was available at 33% more , so using same logic we should be able to bill them for the difference plus admin fee , no ??
    the only other difference is they have had our money for a few months , on the grain contract you get SFA until product is delivered, if you can't deliver you get a bill

Anyone that took home high rate, they are phoning and asking they bring some back….

Heard couple guys won’t even get any.

Fun times….

Comment

Oh, let me know how you make out with sending them the bill…..

Comment

I had mentioned this a couple months ago Case. The word on the street was they were gonna be short but still willing to sell the seed. Heard now they can’t get the soap they put in it the liberty. Amazing times we have going on.

Comment

Had my 1st pass Liberty delivered 2 months ago and my 2nd pass Liberty last week.

Comment

My hat is off to you grain growers. I truly don’t know how you handle this business mentally with where it’s gone. I would be a raving lunatic. Or worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
              My hat is off to you grain growers. I truly don’t know how you handle this business mentally with where it’s gone. I would be a raving lunatic. Or worse.
              Main reason I rented half the farm out.

Comment

One pass in the shed. Havent asked about getting any for a 2nd pass yet. Supposedly there is some generic product now and its a couple bucks cheaper.

Comment

Play their game order twice the seed as usual get delivery of your Liberty then tell them to take the extra seed back your not going to need it. Oh, and the liberty is in your yard so **** you tell them.

Comment

One more heads up there is more than enough in Regina for all of western Canada. It's a game with Retailers overseed.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                      Play their game order twice the seed as usual get delivery of your Liberty then tell them to take the extra seed back your not going to need it. Oh, and the liberty is in your yard so **** you tell them.
                      I had 4 extra bags of canola that I wanted to take back but I wanted to keep the liberty. My rep said that they needed the liberty back because it wouldn't be fair for them to sell it to another farmer without the chemical. I said I need the liberty but not the extra bags. She was quite firm that they needed the liberty back, as I had both already. They're always playing games, but they sure enjoy moving the goalposts. FYL I purchase majority of my inputs, for years, from this retailer.

Comment

This issue is a big problem for sure but I think BASF would gladly sell everyone three passes of Liberty if they had the supply. This is just another supply chain issue that is going on in many sectors of the economy.
                        Although I doubt BASF will announce they are caught up and have lots of supply until it actually happens. Makes it easier for farmers to accept the crazy increase in price and are just happy to get Liberty at any price.

Comment

So don’t sell the *** seed if they can’t look after it ??
                          They been telling us for years it is a 2 shot deal
                          And telling us to go more than 1.35 , now that is the “rate”

Comment

Certainly different for each person. Myself my retailer had enough Liberty that I can do one pass at 1.6. My neighbour got enough to do 2 passes at 1.35. Personally I find 1.6 much more effective. Timing one pass is a bit of a challenge. I had 2 fields that had a few weeds, I did a pass of facet and generic assure.
                            Last edited by Hamloc; Jun 18, 2022, 07:00.

Comment

Boys it’s not BASF it’s retailers playing a game.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...