• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ottawa looking at a wealth tax

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazz View Post
    https://financialpost.com/opinion/jay-goldberg-ottawa-looking-at-a-wealth-tax-to-pay-for-soaring-spending

a one-time three per cent tax on people with more than $10 million in assets, coupled with a one-time five per cent tax on people with more than $20 million in assets, would rake in $60 billion.
    Does anyone note the irony in "one time"?

Comment

Some similar article said it would be calculated assets minus liabilities.

So go get a jumbo line of credit for a few yrs off every quarter until idiot boys Singh and Trudeau are history.

Comment

This appears to be a tax on individuals, not corporations. They would not after the rich Laurentian elite.

Imagine the dairy and milk cartel might have something to say about it. Maybe some of those multiple home owners in Toronto and Vancouver. But in reality this is mostly a tax on large private land bases.

I said before, it might be high time to transfer some land into a company just for pure protection.

Dont have to offshore anything, use the tools we have.

This is a budgetary item so it will need a budget resolution so 2023. Unless we can run Singh out of the country first.
        I don’t think transferring assets into a corporation would side step this (if it was ever to happen) because all it would do is transfer your personal wealth from land you own personally, into shares in a corporation that you own personally, your net worth should remain the same just a different asset?

All corporations are owned personally if you follow the trails of corporations that own corporations that own corporations…………at some point there is a personal owner at the end of the trail.

I think the only way to get around it is to transfer (split) farm up amongst family members?

Comment

Originally posted by STR1 View Post
          I don’t think transferring assets into a corporation would side step this (if it was ever to happen) because all it would do is transfer your personal wealth from land you own personally, into shares in a corporation that you own personally, your net worth should remain the same just a different asset?
          Much the same with a "jumbo loan" on paid for quarters... unless you could convince the powers that be that you literally took the proceeds of said loan all in $100 bill's and shoved them into your fireplace to heat the house, last I checked cash, even if it might be trash, was still considered an asset.

Comment

Once They start this type of Bullshit it won't be a once in a life time thing it will be every 10 years or less.

Just watch it coming.

Comment

Some similar article said it would be calculated assets minus liabilities.

So go get a jumbo line of credit for a few yrs off every quarter until idiot boys Singh and Trudeau are history.
              After last years canola buyout some of my neighbors already have that covered. I'm not the best history guy but didn't that one time tax thing start when we had to pay for the last world war ? + 10 this morn and not raining.

Comment

https://financialpost.com/opinion/jay-goldberg-ottawa-looking-at-a-wealth-tax-to-pay-for-soaring-spending

a one-time three per cent tax on people with more than $10 million in assets, coupled with a one-time five per cent tax on people with more than $20 million in assets, would rake in $60 billion.

Maybe they need to tax the real wealth scammers

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                  youtu.be/nsIi5IDmALI

Maybe they need to tax the real wealth scammers
                  France, Denmark, and a whole raft of EU Countries have tried the 'Wealth Tax' fiasco... and all stopped as it destroys innovation and drives creative innovative people out of the countries that are stupid enough to implement this foolish plan.

Cheers

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...