• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Partners View Post
    Light rain again this morning.
    Why is the forecast 100% correct this yr?
    Yr ago it was forecast for rain..Not a cloud in the sky?
    Exact opposite here , nearly 100 % wrong
    One weather site said it was raining here this morning lol .
    Even the 20 k winds turn into 40-50
    Will see what happens come Thursday
    Low Moisture level warning level light on now ,?just a few days left .
    Hopefully you guys dry out after this and can get going good

Comment

Finally got a shower this morning. Probably soak away and we’ll be going by dinner but nice to see moisture. Wheat and early seeded oats starting to germinate but odd bit of seed was sitting in dry so this shower will help. Was down to wainwright yesterday and some wheat up already. Some dormant seeded wheat around here is also doing well and coming up.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
        Exact opposite here , nearly 100 % wrong
        One weather site said it was raining here this morning lol .
        Even the 20 k winds turn into 40-50
        Will see what happens come Thursday
        Low Moisture level warning level light on now ,?just a few days left .
        Hopefully you guys dry out after this and can get going good
        Look W, some on radar ATM, heading E.

better not build and dump here

Comment

West from here …

Split here as usual
          Splits a ski hill to the west and follows river and the north side slides to Meota and Jackfish lake

Had the windshield wipers on for 5 min though 👍

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            Had the windshield wipers on for 5 min though 👍
            Speaking of conspiracy theories... I had a fella tell me the other day that windshield wipers were for wiping rain off the window. Its patently false, all I've ever used them for is clearing the caked on dust away!

Good lord, people will believe anything these days.

2nd thought, does anyone know how deep you can set your drill before you have to mark pipelines and buried cables with "Alberta 1 Call"?

Have I mentioned its dry? I quit last night because I couldn't physically see the fencelines and sloughs that I had to turn around at.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
              Speaking of conspiracy theories... I had a fella tell me the other day that windshield wipers were for wiping rain off the window. Its patently false, all I've ever used them for is clearing the caked on dust away!

Good lord, people will believe anything these days.

2nd thought, does anyone know how deep you can set your drill before you have to mark pipelines and buried cables with "Alberta 1 Call"?

Have I mentioned its dry? I quit last night because I couldn't physically see the fencelines and sloughs that I had to turn around at.
              Ya was getting bad here , dust so bad could not see at times

Comment

Pains me that u guys suffer with those conditions when we could easily give u guys all our full potholes and running creeks which we need like a hole in the head.

Comment

Originally posted by FarmJunkie View Post
                  Pains me that u guys suffer with those conditions when we could easily give u guys all our full potholes and running creeks which we need like a hole in the head.
                  Yeah a balance would be awesome for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by FarmJunkie View Post
                    No end of respect from here for what you guys are going through as well.

If mother nature would just throw one over the plate at least we could take our best swing. But here we are with 2 inside balls that the ump has called strikes, and the third ones coming down the pipe soon... the pitcher has a shit eating grin, and were wondering whether to choke up, swing for the fence, or just throw the bat and walk to the dugout in disgust!

Comment

Speaking of conspiracy theories, and dust. Have you heard the Whopper about the problems dust causes behind the wheels of a sprayer? I find the foot deep rocks and the mud and water splashing everywhere is the problem, not dust. I get very poor weed control in the ruts.

And speaking of ground disturbance. I had a guy disking with the Wishek close to a small gas plant the other day. The over enthusiastic operator came out and gave him heck for ground disturbance and claimed that he was going too deep and would hit a pipeline. The funniest part is that the operator of the tractor could probably write the book on ground disturbance with his career in supervising pipelines.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                        Speaking of conspiracy theories, and dust. Have you heard the Whopper about the problems dust causes behind the wheels of a sprayer? I find the foot deep rocks and the mud and water splashing everywhere is the problem, not dust. I get very poor weed control in the ruts.

And speaking of ground disturbance. I had a guy disking with the Wishek close to a small gas plant the other day. The over enthusiastic operator came out and gave him heck for ground disturbance and claimed that he was going too deep and would hit a pipeline. The funniest part is that the operator of the tractor could probably write the book on ground disturbance with his career in supervising pipelines.
                        Some people are dumb as nails. Remember one time dad was brushing and a cousin who took care of pipelines for the oil company told him to be careful cause the condensate line wasn’t too deep. Years later they were putting in a lease road and caught it with a ripper. What gong show that was. Operator bermed the leak thinking it was a saltwater line. Shut a battery down cause they had no condensate. Fun times.

Comment

Most yrs this crossing is dry at seeding time.
                          C and D drainage ditch..running at half full yet..

Comment

High of three for Thursday. Tomorrow and Thursday we are supposed to get an inch of rain. Bets that it will be snow on Thursday?

Comment

and it never makes the news
                              but one hot day at the elusive north pole is national news

Comment

Did spray a half section at end of the day after last nights 1/4 to 1/2 inch again.

We’re wet and more on way again tonight.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...